BH12LS35 firmware 1.00 needed

vbimport

I have bought a new BH12LS35 from best buy 5 months ago, after burning around 20 bluray disks very smoothly, the drive started to give me some burn failure on some disks , then the drive gives me fail burning to all bluray disks (with power calibration area error), however,it can read blurays and read & write DVDs and CDs effectively. I have tried so many solutions I found on the internet include changing IMAPI setting, burning speed, disks type, PCs, OS, burning softwares, fixing tools, with no benefit . finally, I have updated the firmware to 1.01(from firmware HQ) with NO benefit, then after chatting with many LG support and professionals, I figured that the laser may be defected so soon and they request to send it back for checking. I decided not to waste more time with this headache and I will return it back to LG repair center, but before that I need to return the firmware to the original one (1.00). I have not backed up my original firmware :doh:, I don’t know how to return it back.

can I use any BH12LS35 firmware 1.00 from other similar device. If yes please help me and provide me with tested original one to get my money/drive back.:frowning:

thanks a lot and waiting for your help :flower:

WHO told you that fairytale?

There is no sense returning to the older firmware.

LG support said that If you update the firmware from non LG source, it will void the warranty , and there is no official update to BH12LS35 as they said. I have updated the firmware from http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH12LS35/files.html, does that consider an official update? please some body help me here

Come on guys, no one want to share the old firmware? pleeeease:sad:

[QUOTE=chef;2627200]WHO told you that fairytale?

There is no sense returning to the older firmware.[/QUOTE]

I will go one step further if the firmware is a LG firmware and it was faulty they will give you another one under warranty. And why you would want to go back when the firmware was a fault is dubious at best. Unless you did something you weren’t suppose to do and trying to do something your not suppose to do like cross flash and caused the problem and when they test and find out they will tell you sorry no replacement. I think that is what happened here.

I have done nothing beside updating the firmware from http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/BH12LS35/files.html ,is this a LG firmware?

I don’t know what is cross flashing or anything else. Unfortunately, the update has not solve my problem nor damage any thing in the drive , the drive was not able to burn any more bluray before and after the update. This is not my fault at all, I have done nothing to the drive except burning only 20 bluray disks, that’s it.

Are you telling me there is no way to turn back to old firmware?

The file at Firmware HQ is 100% identical to the one you’d get via LG’s autoupdate tool.

So you’re quite safe and LG won’t care you updated to 1.01. If you hadn’t already done it, that’s probably what they’d have told you to try.

How many blurays did you burn in a row ?
I think you burned out your bluray laser in the drive.
You need to allow a cooling off between burns.
I would say the drive could need cleaning but with it being fairly new
that’s probably not the cause.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2627379]The file at Firmware HQ is 100% identical to the one you’d get via LG’s autoupdate tool.

So you’re quite safe and LG won’t care you updated to 1.01. If you hadn’t already done it, that’s probably what they’d have told you to try.[/QUOTE]

thanks man, you made me relieved :iagree:, but I found the update only in Firmware HQ not in LG site, did they remove it? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=cholla;2627381]How many blurays did you burn in a row ?
I think you burned out your bluray laser in the drive.
You need to allow a cooling off between burns.
I would say the drive could need cleaning but with it being fairly new
that’s probably not the cause.[/QUOTE]

well I remembered to burn about 5 disks in a raw, but it should not make that problem if it is a good quality drive. and it is pretty new, do you advice me to try to clean the lenses?

I wait 15 minutes between burns to let any drive I have cool down.
If you burned 5 disks in a row without allowing a cooldown I think you burned out the laser.
So return to LG repair center as they advised or buy a new burner.
Then try allowing the cool down in between burns & see how much longer your burner lasts.
A cleaning won’t help if the laser is burned out. If the burner is just dirty it can.

[QUOTE=cholla;2627393]I wait 15 minutes between burns to let any drive I have cool down.
If you burned 5 disks in a row without allowing a cooldown I think you burned out the laser.
So return to LG repair center as they advised or buy a new burner.
Then try allowing the cool down in between burns & see how much longer your burner lasts.
A cleaning won’t help if the laser is burned out. If the burner is just dirty it can.[/QUOTE]

well I used to burn more that 10 DVDs in a raw without a break in all drives I have (Samsung, LG, Liteon) , and the drives are still working perfectly :D, but with this bluray burner it is only 20 disks and not in a raw and its out :(, how come?

Do you say no need to return to old firmware?

You should contact LG for a RMA exchange.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2627401]You should contact LG for a RMA exchange.[/QUOTE]

I have googled “RMA exchange”, but still don’t understand , what is this? :eek:

[QUOTE=saleh1986;2627410]I have googled “RMA exchange”, but still don’t understand , what is this? :eek:[/QUOTE]
Your drive has failed, it is under warranty, LG will replace it, you have to contact LG for a RMA number.

I do not know what country you are from but this is what the U.S. support version looks like

[QUOTE=saleh1986;2627398]well I used to burn more that 10 DVDs in a raw without a break in all drives I have (Samsung, LG, Liteon) , and the drives are still working perfectly :D, but with this bluray burner it is only 20 disks and not in a raw and its out :(, how come?

Do you say no need to return to old firmware?[/QUOTE]

I’ve also had no failures from drives doing it my way.
I think you’re fortunate not to have had failures burning
many times in a row.

[QUOTE=saleh1986;2627398] Do you say no need to return to old firmware?[/QUOTE]
I think you should return the drive as is .

“RMA” stands for Return Merchandise Authorization.
Since LG requested you return the drive for service you may already have a RMA of some sort.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2627411]Your drive has failed, it is under warranty, LG will replace it, you have to contact LG for a RMA number.[/QUOTE]

now I get it thanks :flower:

[QUOTE=cholla;2627413]I’ve also had no failures from drives doing it my way.
I think you’re fortunate not to have had failures burning
many times in a row.[/QUOTE]

yes , I guess I was lucky that time, but not now.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2627413]I think you should return the drive as is .

“RMA” stands for Return Merchandise Authorization.
Since LG requested you return the drive for service you may already have a RMA of some sort.[/QUOTE]

I have not requested any RMA or prepaid label yet, I am outside the us now and they don’t provide international support :a so am waiting one of my friends traveling to US soon and I am going to send it with him as is to LG repair center.thanks

If there is any other Idea\ suggestion for my problem I will happy to listen to it , thanks all in advance.:flower:

There are other countries on the link I supplied, it is on the bottom left side of the page.