BF1942 + Road to Rome and Alcohol 1.4.0.114

OK I have to reburn BF1942 and burn RTR. Now they are SD2.8 (BF1942 with 1.3 patch) and I need to know something about Alcohols settings.
I am going to read the cds with my Toshiba DVD and burn with my Lite-on 32123S. Now, I need these disks to be able to be read in different CD-Roms. So my question is, do I need to modify any settings in Alcohol in order for this to work. Also, are these the best drives to use as I have 2 others (see profile)?

Example, If I pick the safe disk 2 profile, do I have to uncheck Bypass EMF error or leave it checked? What is the difference? What writing mode also RawDAO?

Originally posted by jackal2001
[B]OK I have to reburn BF1942 and burn RTR. Now they are SD2.8 (BF1942 with 1.3 patch) and I need to know something about Alcohols settings.
I am going to read the cds with my Toshiba DVD and burn with my Lite-on 32123S. Now, I need these disks to be able to be read in different CD-Roms. So my question is, do I need to modify any settings in Alcohol in order for this to work. Also, are these the best drives to use as I have 2 others (see profile)?

Example, If I pick the safe disk 2 profile, do I have to uncheck Bypass EMF error or leave it checked? What is the difference? What writing mode also RawDAO? [/B]

Your LiteOn burner can correctly encode EFM errors, so you need to untick the Bypass EFM Errors in the SafeDisc 2 profile. Don’t change anything else in the profile.

Thank you for the Info.
Is there a site that explains what all these acronyms mean?
I basically know what programs copy what protections, but I am a little fuzzy on the settings on the newcomers, ie Alcohol.

What is EMF?
What is RMPS?

OK,
Started burning these disks. It is normal for alcohol to report errors when reading? Correct?

Originally posted by jackal2001
OK,
Started burning these disks. It is normal for alcohol to report errors when reading? Correct?

yes it’s part off the SD protection.

Thanks guys, my backups look good!

did both bf1942 and rtr with my plex w4012a using alcohol 1.4.0.114 with standard Safedisc 2 settings. EFM-bypass on, cause the plex is only a 1 sheep burner.

both work with BF1.3 patch in a standard cd-rom, without having alcohol installed in the gaming system.

alcohol 1.4.0.114? is that alcohol 120% :confused: