BF1942 & Alcohol 1.3.5 1125

vbimport

What I don’t understand is… I make a .ccd of my retail BF1942 CD with Alcohol 120% (latest version) and the game won’t start when i try to run it with the 1.2 patch installed. It gets as far as the splash screen, the disc spins up then the splash screen closes and the game never opens. Works fine if I leave Alcohol in my system tray so it can “hide the cdr media” because I’m trying to play it from my Liteon 40125S. Strange part is, The same result occurs with my copies on like 4 other machines, whether or not they’re running the game from a CD-ROM or a CD-RW Drive. BF 1.2 will NOT run on any system I try, with my cloned copy, unless Alcohol 120% is running in the system tray. Shouldn’t it work fine without Alcohol running? even if I put my cloned copy in a CD-ROM so it can’t detect ATIP? What’s wrong here?

(posted in this forum from a reply in a clonecd thread for better help)

Make the image into MDS format and disable “Bypass EFM error” when burning. Make sure all emulation options are disabled except for “Ignore Media Type”.

haha works perfectly :bigsmile: didn’t even need ignore media type turned on. thank you.

Question: Should I always leave Bypass EFM Error unchecked from now on at all times?

Your burner is capable of making perfect copies of SafeDisc 2 protected cds, so no need to turn this option on. It might only screw the backup cd in such case (as it did in Your case).

hm okay. thanks for the help.

What about a Plextor 40-12-40 and alchohol 120 ? I tried same settings (for safedisk 2) as you mentioned here and no luck.

With a plex you’ll need to have Bypass efm error checked.

So what you mean is use the safedisk 2 default profile. If that is true that dont work either.

No guarantees with a plex. Some don’t need Bypass efm error, most need it but work fine with it and some can’t do sd 2.51+ at all. You may just be one of the unlucky ones.

(Btw, are you trying to run the copy from a writer? If so, you’ll need to enable Ignore media type before doing so.)

Originally posted by philamber
[B]No guarantees with a plex. Some don’t need Bypass efm error, most need it but work fine with it and some can’t do sd 2.51+ at all. You may just be one of the unlucky ones.

(Btw, are you trying to run the copy from a writer? If so, you’ll need to enable Ignore media type before doing so.) [/B]

Negative on the writer (though I did try that way too and that option was checked anyways)

Hmm. Maybe another “penalty” I seem to be paying lately for being on the “bleeding edge” My A7N8x was out only a week when I bought it, now I cant get more than 205FSB out of it even modded. My Plextor was out a month or so when I bought it. Even with the latest firmware, perhaps that would explain my problems. So what do I do now?

There are a variety of options. Try clonecd with AWS, blindwrite with enhance weak sectors or cd-mate with SAM. (Don’t bother trying gamejack if alcohol failed; it uses the same burning engine.)

Chances are that none of them will work for you if alcohol failed with Bypass efm error both checked and unchecked but you never know.

If all fail, then your best option is to use clonecd with emulate weak sectors. That will work so long as you have ccd on the system with hide cdr media enabled when you want to play from the back-up copy. [Note that with this method, hide must be enabled even when playing from an ordinary cd/dvd rom.]

Ok, howabout this. What burner would you recommend that will perform the best with making game CD backups (cost, though a small factor, is not a major concern) Hell, I’ve got well over a grand in this thing just to keep it COOL. LOL. :bigsmile:

ASUS of course; also read alexnoe’s Liteon 52x review off the front page

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49043&highlight=ASUS

My apologies for a quick reply without research. :bow: It’s clear this is the most tiresome question on this board. However you have made references to the 40X ASUS and (apparently) also use and recommend the ASUS 52X. Speed is not a concern as much as reliability and quality of backups for me so between the two what side of the fence do you lean?

ASUS 40x if you can find one

Looks like the 40x is long gone. Oh well, I went with the 52X…

My question would be why are you using an old version 1.3.5 1125 ???

This version is well past the 30 day trial period,!!! or if you are a purchased user, maybe its time to think about updating to the latest version