Beyond Good & Evil

This game(Beyond Good & Evil) appears to use Tages(Tagès) copy protection. While there are boasts and claims that tages protected disks have been copied–I possess no proof of it… nor, after hours of searching, can I find ANY proof…

The claims that tages has been defeated appear only to be a myths, to me–at this time and, all making claims to that effect appear as frauds, mental inadequates, or simply liars…

Anyone claiming that tages is NOT potent protection, in my mind, is an idiot, especially when they can offer NO direct proof but only a pack of promises, inuendos, and rumors to claims of the existance of a fix(method of copy).

Can anyone direct me to, or supply me with, tools which I can use to make one backup copy of my game for my personal use only…

More claims to the existance of SECRET TOOLS are NOT welcomed…

Thanks in advance,
warmest regards,
The_Dood

Your words are a bit strong and you haven’t been looking around hard enough. The author of Daemon Tools has made a working image and has written it to media for a working backup. I made a copy of his forum quote here.

The tools to do this are not secret. Any RAW reader is capable with the right MMCs in software. No one is going to direct you to or supply you with the tools with a post like yours.

You posted in the Copy Protection List subforum, goodness knows why, so I have moved this to the Discussion Forum. If you want to pursue this, poke around in the Advanced Forum and post there. This forum is about backing up games not the protection per se.

I agree, my words are strong–but their strength is not what I really wanted them to be judged upon–but rather, their truthfulness…

The post you refer me to concerns a game over a year old… and still, all I see from Daemon Tools author is a reference to the fact it was copied(and I must take upon faith)… not to direct proof I can behold and that proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt…

I still feel all I have seen is rumor and inuendo… it has no practical application… perhaps I am missing something, or I am not stating myself clearly enough?

Warmest regards,
The_Dood

Originally posted by The_Dood

I still feel all I have seen is rumor and inuendo…

Fine. Look somewhere else.

Seems not only to be excellent advice… seems to be the only option…

Regards