Originally posted by Stoner
1) The only person pointing finger at Lite-On is you, everybody's pointing theirs at Roxio.
I, like you, have no way of knowing if it is a Roxio issue or a Lite-On issue. I would suspect that it could be Roxio, since other apps work just fine with the DS14 firmware. Nevertheless, the DS0B firmware works correctly with Roxio, and DS14 does not. That was the intent of my post, since someone will inevitably come here to figure out why they can't copy an Audio CD with Roxio 6 and their brand-new Lite-On DVD drive.
2) The only compatibility issue everyone sees except for you is Roxio makes utter crap that only Joe Six Packs (read you) buy and complain about it.
I don't use Roxio. I installed it to test what I had read on another site. I use the same apps you do, Nero, EAC, CCD, etc.
3) It's obvious you started this thread w/ ruining Lite-On's image intended. Read the title again if you forgot who you're trying to blame.
LOL, this one really makes me laugh. I obviously am trying to ruin Lite-On's image? Come on, dude. Your name must seriously be self-descriptive. I've got a Toshiba 1502 in a desk drawer because it only rips DVDs at 2x...FYI, I love Lite-On, that's why I own one. Is that what this is about, you guys don't like the title of the thread? You want me to change it? I actually just tried to a minute ago, but it wouldn't let me..it only modified my original post. Talk about nitpicking, you CD Freaks are the only ones with an axe to grind, trying to blame one side or the other. I personally don't give a shϊt whose fault it is.
4) And finally, people w/ half a brain would do a research before dropping dough before purchase and find that Roxio gets a big fugging F- from the CDFreaks crew.
What makes you think I've ever purchased any Roxio software? They've got exactly as much of my money as you do.
5) If you want the problem solved, stop bitching about it here and start writing to your Roxio tech support.
As I said, I'm just passing along information. I don't need anything solved, thank you.