Beware liteon tech support!

vbimport

I am not here to question anything about there product but there lack of tech support when you need them.
I would like to share a story with all of you that happened to me when all i was looking for from them was advise on another LITEON dvd burner to buy.
What happened is the unit liteon hd-a740gx i was trying to fix for a friend the dvd burner was shot in it.All i wanted to know from LITEON was which is a good liteon dvd burner replacement drive to buy.
i WAS NOT asking for tech support or for them to assist me in anyway shape or form.When i called them i and told them i was just looking for ADVISE the guy put me through to something called liteon special tech support.Well the funny thing about this is I COULD NOT get any further no matter what buttons i pressed without a credit card and 99 cents per minute tech support.
I have never seen such BS crap in my life.I just wanted ADVISE and i would have bought another liteon burner.after that i just hungup the phone and bought an LG burner and took my chances installing it.
Also just to let everyone know…there email support that they say they will contact you back…lol…I never got a reply.It was quite a trick getting it all in and making the door open and not altering the look of the burner at all but i did it and now it’s perfect again except this burner will not play -R’s.only +R’s.but that’s okay.
Moral of the story i wanted to share with all of you is why buy a liteon anything if this is how there going to treat there customers after you’ve bought from them.they simply don’t deserve any business from anyone.
I personally am done with buying anything ever again from that company because they just don’t deserve the business.I just wanted to share this story with everyone so they could know what liteon business practices are.take care everyone.I hope this becomes a sticky.

[QUOTE=theppfftt;2529402]I hope this becomes a sticky.[/QUOTE]

Not without a readable text formatting.

[QUOTE=woppr;2529408]Not without a readable text formatting.[/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry…would you be so kind as to correct it for me Shakespeare?

[QUOTE=theppfftt;2529402]I hope this becomes a sticky.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=woppr;2529408]Not without a readable text formatting.[/QUOTE]

Since you provide very little information as to where you called to and where the support was - it won’t be of help to anyone else. Just ranting witout much substance doesn’t provide any good help to anyone reading this other then rants. And your reply back puts off people whom will even make a attempt to help. If the support is that bad you have to provide facts so others can check the facts of the story.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2529493]Since you provide very little information as to where you called to and where the support was - it won’t be of help to anyone else. Just ranting witout much substance doesn’t provide any good help to anyone reading this other then rants. And your reply back puts off people whom will even make a attempt to help. If the support is that bad you have to provide facts so others can check the facts of the story.[/QUOTE]

ok.I’ll try and make it a bit clearer…I called as close to the tech support # for LITEON as i could on there website and got a guy on the line,told him i was only looking for advise on my problem and he gave me a # to call for there premium tech support.that’s what it was called.“Premium” support.You can’t get anywhere unless you enter a creditcard #.They have email tech support for out of warranty issues and i tried to email them and described my problem to a tee and never got a response.I hope this makes it a bit more clear.

Still not being open about your problem again…sounds more like trolling then asking for real help…

Tech support is for aftersales, not product inquiries hence why you have dealers/retailers
//Danne

trolling??look.i only made this thread to tell people about my situation with liteon.I have better things to do than “troll”…my point is i didn’t get any email tech support which is supposed to be free of charge no matter what and after i told the guy at liteon i only wanted advise about what burner to buy he forwarded me to a pay tech support line for liteon.never have i had this happen with any other company and I’ve dealt with alot of them.not sure what more i can add.and im not asking for any help on here, i was only asking for ADVISE from liteon.Take it for what it is.i only started this tread so others could know about liteon’s business practices.that’s it…

Why don’t you call LG with the same questions and report back on the results. :sad: While you’re sitting on hold you can polish up those punctuation and sentence structure skills. :kiss:

[QUOTE=CDan;2529601]Why don’t you call LG with the same questions and report back on the results. :sad: While you’re sitting on hold you can polish up those punctuation and sentence structure skills. :kiss:[/QUOTE]

hey keyboard warrior…I have dealt with LG before and they are just fine to deal with…you know it’s funny.i make a thread for the good of others to tell my experience with LITEON and all i get is criticized for it…i don’t get that.another Shakespeare wanna be here to…what is this place become?A Harvard English class?

[QUOTE=theppfftt;2529624]all i get is criticized for it…i don’t get that.another Shakespeare wanna be here to…what is this place become?A Harvard English class?[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly the kinda attitude that will get you no where fast in the help section. Failing to even provide whom you called rather then just rant doesn’t go anywhere but down. I even asked you to provide specific number and whom and where you called but your caggy reply back to my question means you weren’t really asking for help.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2529625]That’s exactly the kinda attitude that will get you no where fast in the help section. Failing to even provide whom you called rather then just rant doesn’t go anywhere but down. I even asked you to provide specific number and whom and where you called but your caggy reply back to my question means you weren’t really asking for help.[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly the kinda attitude that will get you no where fast in the help section.

was i asking for help at any time in this section from anyone??NO.I called the only # i could on there website and they put me through to there “tech support”.that is the way they choose to handle things…ok whatever then…liteon is the best ever…keep buying from them.you happy now??

Like others were saying you went about this the wrong way. Your calling a corporate setup that is not designed to help you buy a new burner. You can check the LG forum here to see what drives are good and which aren’t. Check the other forums too for the latest and greatest burner info and what people want to get their hands on.