Better result with 411s@811s?

Just pathched my 411S to 811S with the zebra v4 patch tool, recorded a movie and made a scan

Here’s the scan with a DVD movie recorded with the original 411S eeprom (fw FS0H):
The brand is Opto Disc, sold as medianca (DVD+r, recorded with the bitsetting tool):

And now the scan with exactly the same movie and the same DVD media, recorded with the modified eeprom:

Is it supouse a modding to give better results? or i’m i just lucky with this burn?:slight_smile:

Some say the firmware for the 811 is better than the 411 so maybe that’s why you get better burns with you 411@811.

So if you scan the same disc that burnt with 411s but 811s yield a better scan result, doesn’t that show only the reading not burning (same as when scan same disc with FSO7 and other F/W which always FSO7 give a lot better scan result)?. How about if you scan two discs, one burnt with 411 and another burnt with 811 anc compare them? I would like to know the result as well since I’m thinking about OC one myself.

Originally posted by ya_jai
How about if you scan two discs, one burnt with 411 and another burnt with 811 anc compare them? I would like to know the result as well since I’m thinking about OC one myself.

I thought that is what he did. Look at the graph again.

I think it’s just plain luck. Both firmware would/should have the same writing strategy on.

Originally posted by ya_jai
How about if you scan two discs, one burnt with 411 and another burnt with 811 anc compare them? I would like to know the result as well since I’m thinking about OC one myself.

That’s wath i did:) If you are thinking about overclocking, don’t think no more, do it, it’s worth it. Just did a couple more burns and the results are great:)