I’ve been using Silver CD-R for a while because they were the cheapest, but now that money won’t be a problem for me again, I’d like to burn data into a higher quality disc. There are several solutions, but I dunno which are the differences between them / dunno which one is the best. See this list to choose one / discuss about it:
- High Tech. Plastic (Makrolon). I’ve seen 2 manufacturers that are selling cd-r made with this plastic, one is MMORE and the other ProDye. I bought one 50 pieces spindle from MMORE, and no problem at all but they’re still silver cd-r.
- Carbon. I dunno if these are similar to PSX discs (black colour), but it’s said that are better than silver.
- Azo, MetalAzo, SuperAzo (Verbatim or TY). Any comments? Maybe the best.
- Crystal (?). The last Verbatim CD-R I used, was branded as DataLifePlus - SuperAzo+Crystal. Special covering film?
- Diamond. Woa, this are the most expensive I’ve already seen, but they look like a CD-ROM, grey
That’s all - See ya !