Better drive for SafeDisc2, LG or LiteOn

vbimport

I'm wondering which of these brand make a better compatible safedisc 2 drive? If there is no hope to get my old drive working with safedisc2, I will either get a

LG GCE-8320B CDRW 32X10X40
LITEON 32X12X40
LITEON 40X12X48 (any advantage over the other besides speed?)

Which of the above would you recommend?

well from what i heard lite-on’s are basically tha best for copying safe disk v2 games they dont even need AWS enabled to do it :slight_smile:

i have a 24x10x40 (ltr-24102b) and it copied medal of honor, no problem at full read and write speeds. :slight_smile:

so i would stay with lite-on brands, but if ya wanna copy cactus data sheild music cd’s then a lite-on aint that good.
(it can write em but cant read em)

Both the LG and Lite-On writer will cut SafeDisc 2 like butter. Just make sure you have the LG xxxB model as mentioned in this thread. Do a search for both drives and see what comes up. I know the Lite-On is a great drive and comes recommended. Its only problems are audio protections like mentioned, but a lot of writers have problems with this. The new CloneCD version 4 can help you with this a little though (only read first session). On www.cdfreaks.com you can find a few reviews of Lite-On drives. The 40x Lite-On doesn’t have more advantages over the Lite-On 32x except speed. Use our Lite-On Forum for more information.

Please note:

GLynx
Clone Clinic Registered User
(3/22/02 9:15:10 am)
LG 24x

Pay Attention:

LG 24x CAN’T do perfect SD2 2.5x copies.
The information on elby website are wrong.

Only LG 16x and LG 32x CAN

I will soon test the new 40x to see if it works.

Bye

P.S. It works well with AWS on

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
The 40x Lite-On doesn’t have more advantages over the Lite-On 32x except speed.
The 40x will support MTrainer and PCAV writing with a new f/w - i don’t if the 32x can be updated in the same way. W versions of the LITE-ON drives are P-cav writers :slight_smile:

NBR recomended a ltr-24102b to me and I have no complaints, it cuts through SD2 protection.

Thanks NBR a great drive,and picked it up for only £30 not £50

wow; where did u get that from. somewhere in scotland?

I did indeed get it in good old Ecosse…but from a friend not a store…boxed unused and with 10 months warranty, a pretty good deal, super fast compared to my ageing Plex r/820 which has served me well since clone first hit the streets.

Originally posted by vulcan4d
I’m wondering which of these brand make a better compatible safedisc 2 drive?
Check out this burner.