BetaBlocker and Max Payne

vbimport

Hi everybody!
I assume some of you have read my previous post about BetaBlocker and how I tried to create a working copy of The Settlers 4 and it didn’t work. So, I decided to try my luck with a famous Max Payne, because many people had luck with burning it. I landed an original copy from my friend just to check if it works.
This time I used 2x speed to read the image, and 2x to write the image. It took me a really long time. And I also used a Sony CD-R 700MB / 80 min, because Max Payne is overburned (is it true)?
To read the copy I used my old Kenwood 52x CDROM. Kenwood very quickly started to read the disk. I clicked install and started to wait. Everything was fine until 67% of the installation. Then suddenly the strange message appeared: Unable to find data3.cab enter the disk0 and try again.
The funniest part is that there is no data3.cab even on the original CD. And there is no disk0 (there is a directory on the CD called Disk1). I entered the original CD and installed the game without any problems. Then I removed the original CD and entered the burned one, and I was able to run and play the game. But I still can’t understand what the freaking message I get when I try to install the game from the burned CD. Any ideas?

I have exactly same problem with Colin McRae rally2… same disc0 and cab…

About Max Payne… You need reader in clonecd that can read subchannel data you maybe know that… :wink:

and use then betablocker to modify image file and burn it back with clonecd…

I copied MAx Payne using that solution and worked fine, But I can’t make another copy of that copy! :frowning:

Hi guys!
I finaly was able to make a working copy of the Max Payne. The problem with the first one was that I read the image to slow 2x (now I used 4x plus 3 times to retry). And used max to read. Now it works.

now how can you read an image TOO slow?
explain me that please :cool:

plextor, and cdrwin rules … :wink:
i made a raw iso (with plexcdrw) and burned it then

worx perfect

btw finished the game in 3 evenings

Hi
I’ve backed up Max Payne 4 times ! (go figure), and had four different experiences. I’ve used clonecd v.3.0.2.3 on an updated Lite on 8x4x32:
1: Clonecd reported write error at the end of the write session: Disc may be unreadable. The disc worked perfectly. It colud be used to install and play.

2: Clonecd reported a different write error at the end of the session: Disc may be unreadable. The disc could be used to install the game, but upon startup the cd could not be read (error in some .temp-file). I aplied a no-cd patch from gamecopyworld.com, and everything worked perfectly.

3: Clonecd reported the same write error as in 1 above, but I experienced the same problems as mentioned in 2.

4: Clonecd reported no write errors, but I experienced the same problem as mentioned in 2 and 3.

4 burns with 4 different outcomes!!! Strange!

But to all you people with unreadable discs but have the game istalled: Try the no-cd patch :slight_smile:

Regards Jules Pitt

• Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I’d never know ,cause I wouldn’t eat the filthy motherf*****r!

@Jules Pitt

Did you used the same disc to creat the image with? I read somewhere that when you create an image of a (working) back-up it doesn’t work as well as the first back-up :confused: Don’t know why though… Maybe it has something to do with the intensity decrease of the weak SafeDisc 2 error sectors when you create a back-up of a back-up…

Hi
All four back-ups were made from the original cd-rom! I did not use copies to burn other copies. Strange, huh?

Regards
Jules Pitt

• This was a f****ing miracle and I wan’t you to acknowledge that!

I made an image of Max Payne using the latest version of clone cd with my plex 12/10/32a. used betablocker on the image. burned perfectly.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about Beta blocker, and I have downloaded it, but I don’t know what the program does. I’m sure there has been a zillion questions about this issue before, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive source, where I can read about the program?

Regards Jules Pitt

If Samuel L. Jackson’s character ( Mace Windu) were related to Jules Pitt from Pulp Fiction, he might have said:

• “You must go to Dagobah, where you will be taught by Yoda, the sly, sweet motherf****r who taught me this shit.”

Originally posted by Jules Pitt
I’ve heard a lot of talk about Beta blocker, and I have downloaded it, but I don’t know what the program does. I’m sure there has been a zillion questions about this issue before, but can anyone direct me to a comprehensive source, where I can read about the program?
Check this article on SafeDisc 2. It also explains (in short) what BetaBlocker does.

Thanks a lot! The article was very instructive.

Regards Jules Pitt

If Samuel L. Jackson’s character in The Phantom Menace (Mace Windu) were related to Jules Pitt from Pulp Fiction, he might have said:

• “I don’t care how good you say they are. I ain’t fightin’ alongside no f**k-a*s teddy bears.”

Shall fasy error skib also turned on

Hi
I turnes on fast error skip

Regards
Jules Pitt

“Ha-ha! They’re your clothes, motherf*****r”

Ok Jules

But I can’t get it to work with the copy of Max Payne.

I had installed max payne it with the orginal cd and when I use the copy of max payne the logo just freeze

Hi Motter
I posted the same problem among others earlier. Download a no-cd patch from www.gamecopyworld.com. That should fix the problem.
The way I see it the cd works when you have copied it, but the program doesn’t recognize it (or something). So you can install the game, aply the no-cd patch and be happy :slight_smile:

Regards
Jules Pitt

“Oh I’m sorry! Did I break your concentration?”

No no I would like to have it to work vith out af no cd crack

Then either try a number of times (I had 1 working out of 4) or try the Betablocker)

Regards
Jules Pitt

“I dare you, I double dare you Motherf*****r, say ‘what’ one more goddamn time”

First I read an image with Clonecd 3.0.8.2 with fast error skib and sub channel data then I use BetaBlocker and then I burn it back with Clonecd

According to elaborate bytes underground homepage, you should turn overburn on, and disable all other options in cloncd

Regards Jules Pitt