Beta

hey guys in dvdfab what is the difference between beta and the regular release.

Usually, the beta has updates for titles that have caused problems since the release of the regular version except where the release is a major revision, ie 3.x to 4.x

thanks gregiboy for your help

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;1977464]Usually, the beta has updates for titles that have caused problems since the release of the regular version except where the release is a major revision, ie 3.x to 4.x[/QUOTE]
GBoy,
I am not sure that you got this correct.
Usually beta is assigned to a version that is a work in progress or still subject to testing. Only when the author thinks the bugs are out does he assign a stable version number, that is , one without the beta designation.
Hope this helps.

With DVDFab, the betas are really more like “intermediate releases”, to get features or fixes into user’s hands more quickly.

[QUOTE=signals;1977510]With DVDFab, the betas are really more like “intermediate releases”, to get features or fixes into user’s hands more quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thank You Signals for clarifying that.

That was EXACTLY what I meant…

:bow:

[QUOTE=signals;1977510]With DVDFab, the betas are really more like “intermediate releases”, to get features or fixes into user’s hands more quickly.[/QUOTE]
Id agree that this is sometimes the case with Fab.
I also think that what I said is sometimes the case also.
But I dont agree with Gboys definition as it applies to very major revisions, such as 3.x to 4.x.
BTW, i also know that there is exceedingly bad beer out there. :bigsmile:

[quote=jamoskeag3;1978286]Id agree that this is sometimes the case with Fab.
I also think that what I said is sometimes the case also.
But I dont agree with Gboys definition as it applies to very major revisions, such as 3.x to 4.x.
BTW, i also know that there is exceedingly bad beer out there. :bigsmile:[/quote]I think that’s true even with DVDFab to a degree; it depends on the nature of the release. With much software the betas never see wide public release; DVDFab’s always do. And I could not agree more strongly about the beer. Some of it is swill.:Z:)