Beta version

i installed 6.0.1.2 beta and the start button does work ok for me

From the DVDFab order page:

The only legal way to obtain DVDFab is through dvdfab.net.

Don’t trust these other sites!

my start button works just fine, the whole version works great, I just riped 5 movies with it, burned them and their perfect, I check all 5.

Best I can tell, there no diffrence beteween this and the released version.

[QUOTE=stugots2;2285414]my start button works just fine, the whole version works great, I just riped 5 movies with it, burned them and their perfect, I check all 5.

Best I can tell, there no diffrence beteween this and the released version.[/QUOTE]

The start button that they are having trouble with is the HD Decrypter not the paid version :frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2285459]The start button that they are having trouble with is the HD Decrypter not the paid version :([/QUOTE]

And on that note, I feel maybe I should step in at this point and mention the un-mentionable…that which may be on people’s minds, but has so far remained un-stated. But first, a review…

A year or so ago, DVDFab was offered in several flavours. The two we are most familiar with, Platinum and Gold. And…there was also the DVDFab HD Decrypter (the freebie), so named because at one point, when Blu-Ray and HD formats were in competition, the freebie included the AACS removal feature for both. Then HD did a Dinosaur, and the Blu-Ray feature disappeared for a while.

Now that HD format is gone, Blu-Ray is back, with a promise of things to come, and suddenly we find HD Decrypter isn’t supporting ISO anymore, like it used to.

More recent past…The new version of Fab is introduced, with new options for adding features, new keys required, and a brand-new, and somewhat higher, price structure. The new feature add-on structure causes confusion, and the new price structure sets off a series of posts in here that could be described, at best, as indignant.

Even more recently, we are finding that the free version, HD Decrypter, has stopped functioning, seemingly tied in with the trial time available for new users.

Now, remembering the advance warning we all got about the recent Fab feature and price changes, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the HD Decrypter version simply disappear - as in, no longer available.

The writing seems to be on the wall… and this’ll doubtless frost some users, but this is where I see it going.

And we may find out sooner than we think, I suspect.

But then, how many other programs of this type offer a freebie? And it’s main competitor, who shall remain nameless, has disabled trial time for all beta versions.

The way of the future?

OC

:iagree:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2285490]And on that note, I feel maybe I should step in at this point and mention the un-mentionable…that which may be on people’s minds, but has so far remained un-stated. But first, a review…

A year or so ago, DVDFab was offered in several flavours. The two we are most familiar with, Platinum and Gold. And…there was also the DVDFab HD Decrypter (the freebie), so named because at one point, when Blu-Ray and HD formats were in competition, the freebie included the AACS removal feature for both. Then HD did a Dinosaur, and the Blu-Ray feature disappeared for a while.

Now that HD format is gone, Blu-Ray is back, with a promise of things to come, and suddenly we find HD Decrypter isn’t supporting ISO anymore, like it used to.

More recent past…The new version of Fab is introduced, with new options for adding features, new keys required, and a brand-new, and somewhat higher, price structure. The new feature add-on structure causes confusion, and the new price structure sets off a series of posts in here that could be described, at best, as indignant.

Even more recently, we are finding that the free version, HD Decrypter, has stopped functioning, seemingly tied in with the trial time available for new users.

Now, remembering the advance warning we all got about the recent Fab feature and price changes, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the HD Decrypter version simply disappear - as in, no longer available.

The writing seems to be on the wall… and this’ll doubtless frost some users, but this is where I see it going.

And we may find out sooner than we think, I suspect.

But then, how many other programs of this type offer a freebie? And it’s main competitor, who shall remain nameless, has disabled trial time for all beta versions.

The way of the future?

OC

:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Hey Tor
Seems you and I are in the same wave length-> http://club.cdfreaks.com/2285351-post50.html

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2285499]Hey Tor
Seems you and I are in the same wave length-> http://club.cdfreaks.com/2285351-post50.html[/QUOTE]

Somehow Tim, I missed that post of yours…yup, wouldn’t surprise me at all to see it announced with the release of the next one or two BETAs.

Glad I’m not the only one seeing that…might start getting a little paranoid otherwise…

OC

:eek:

Anyone find the changelog for this beta?

Guys this is just not worth the risk.

Even if it’s genuine it could have a critical flaw that Fengtao wants to fix before announcing it.

It’s only a beta so there are presumably only relatively minor changes/benefits to be had anyway so I’d advise everyone not to install this until it’s clear what the position is.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It says “Unknown Publisher” is you start the installer; all of the genuine releases say “Fengtao Software, Inc.”. Stay away from this.

[QUOTE=signals;2285693]It says “Unknown Publisher” is you start the installer; all of the genuine releases say “Fengtao Software, Inc.”. Stay away from this.[/QUOTE]

I just downloaded 6012 and on Windows 7 it does say
Publisher: Fengtao Software, Inc

I did receive a reply from alan1476 and he told me this is NOT an official release and NOT to d/l and install anything NOT posted in this forum by a mod.

please no more reply’s in this thread on this subject.

There are two facts in all of this discussion:

[ol]
[li]This version was never publicly announced and likely for good reason. It’s probably an internal/closed beta that may or may not ever be publicly released. Installing it is at the user’s own risk.
[/li][li]Softpedia linked right to DVDFab.com’s server for the download so if this is a fake beta then there are bigger things to worry about than a non-existent beta release.
[/li][/ol]

good points.

I went back to the released version with NO issues, but while I had this one installed, it worked perfect for me (and i did a few movies with it)

I dont think its HACKED, maybe just a scraped version, they chose not to realease for some reason.

Usually all versions including betas when officially released are posted at Videohelp.com. Not this one.

This was an in house beta leaked, there is nothing wrong with it, but I still would not use because you cannot download from a legitimate source.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2285946]This was an in house beta leaked, there is nothing wrong with it, but I still would not use because you cannot download from a legitimate source.;)[/QUOTE]

Need to find out who pulled the cork :bigsmile: the rest of your statement I’ll leave alone :iagree:

I ran a TON of scans on it, so if anyway wants the WORKING version I have, just let me know, since it is an in house beta I feel much better about it.

[QUOTE=stugots2;2285957]I ran a TON of scans on it, so if anyway wants the WORKING version I have, just let me know, since it is an in house beta I feel much better about it.[/QUOTE]

I’ll wait for Fengtao to release it :iagree:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2285959]I’ll wait for Fengtao to release it :iagree:[/QUOTE]
Good idea Stormjumper, a new beta is coming very soon anyway. I would leave it alone, if Fengtao thought it would be helpful he would have released it.:wink: