Beta version of BD Rebuilder is out

vbimport

jdobbs who made DVD rebuilder has come out with a blu-ray version called BD Rebuilder. It’s the first beta release …

You can download it here, but you’ll need some other stuff too in the following thread.

http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/BD-RBV01709.zip

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

Thanks for the heads up Vanderlow. Been waiting for this to arrive. :slight_smile:

Thanx… although jdobbs doesn’t sound too confident in this initial beta, and Dark Shikari already adds a couple suggestions.
Might test this version, but morew than likely will wait a couple betas until dobbs sounds more optimistic,:slight_smile:

Just wanted to chime back in on this thread to let ecveryone know that I tried got the beta and tested it out and it was successful on a 40.2 GB BluRay, down to 7.72 GB BD-9… and it looks virtually like the original, can’t tell any differences… perhaps you could if played side by side, but I couldn’t playing them back one after another on my monitor.

Still not choosing the correct main movie m2ts when setting it to the movie only setting on some titles, but I’m sure jdobbs will fix it pretty fast.
Also, when installing the required ffdshow, it’s default setting doesn’t have mpeg2 selected, you need to check that box as well in order for it to work with BD-RB. :wink:

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that it did the job…

New revision out (BD-RBV01710) see original post at Doom9.

Has anyone tested this with a PS3? I’ve converted a few full disc movies to BD9 and BD5 (burnt using ImgBurn UDF 2.50) and they show up as data discs on the PS3. I’ve found a few tips on other forums and I can now get the disc to show up as an AVHC but when I try and play it I get “this video cannot be played (80029945)” - any ideas?

[QUOTE=rendez2k;2183314]New revision out (BD-RBV01710) see original post at Doom9.

Has anyone tested this with a PS3? I’ve converted a few full disc movies to BD9 and BD5 (burnt using ImgBurn UDF 2.50) and they show up as data discs on the PS3. I’ve found a few tips on other forums and I can now get the disc to show up as an AVHC but when I try and play it I get “this video cannot be played (80029945)” - any ideas?[/QUOTE]

My daughter and boyfriend have a PS3 in their room and I asked them to try out a movie-only BD-5 of House Bunny, and they told me it played fine on it. Am getting ready to buy some more DualLayer discs, and will be trying out some full disc BD-9s… I’ll ask them to test on their PS3 as well… maybe tonight I’ll do another BluRay into BD-9

The movie-only discs work fine - its the full disc encodes that don’t (well, you see a list of files and you can browse and choose an m2ts file and play it). If I burn the exact same folders to a BD-RE, the PS3 plays the disc like the original - full menus etc.

So, can you somehow trick the PS3 into thing that a regualr DVD with a BR folder structure is a BR-R(E)?

Newer version has been released…0.17.13 Beta (Jan 03, 2009)

[quote=MBK;2183470]My daughter and boyfriend have a PS3 in their room and I asked them to try out a movie-only BD-5 of House Bunny, and they told me it played fine on it. Am getting ready to buy some more DualLayer discs, and will be trying out some full disc BD-9s… I’ll ask them to test on their PS3 as well… maybe tonight I’ll do another BluRay into BD-9[/quote]Thanks for the info MBK. For BD5 it would be impossible to fit the hidef sound so I guess you convert/choose DD5.1 track?

I’m still not sure whether its worth to do BD5 or BD9… ? I mean wouldn’t it be better (and faster) to backup from DVD? I would say the video quality of BD9 is not so different with DVD? But I would def go with BD25.