BestBuy cuts price of PX-716A to $139

I was in BestBuy today (Charlotte, NC) looking for the Verbatim 16X DVD+R’s and I noticed that the 716A was now priced at $139, $109 after the $30 mail in rebate. I paid $179 last week so I’m going back tomorrow with my receipt and getting the $40 difference. I suggest everyone who bought one from BestBuy last week do the same.

AirBear

Thanks AirBear. I go to the same Bestbuy sometimes…small world.

AirBear & Hostile_Monk, I also live in Charlotte near the Pineville Best Buy store. Small world we live in to meet ppl online who are only a short distance away.

I bought mine 2 saturdays ago, will they still price match it?

AirBear, HostileMonk, crea78: you guys now know who to blame if there is an item on sale at bestbuy but sold out LOL.
Stoneburner: yes within 30 days. I’m going to my bb tomorrow too.

thanks for the info.
PS: I bought my 712a 4 month ago for $159 without any rebate argh.

Now that the price is approx $110.00 for the next two months, if I buy one it will seem like I’m buying it out of the trunk of someone’s car.

I posted somewhere I can’t remember exactly but anyway I now see mwave.com has their estimated date of arrival of the 716a drive as DEC. 10, 2004. WTF has Plextor pushed back the release to computer online stores to DEC.??? Geezzz louise I’m getting impatient! :wink: Hurry up already so Newegg.com can sell me a 716A drive dammit! :stuck_out_tongue: No there isn’t a Best Buy in Hawaii yet! :frowning:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER430 WATT
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARD

Why wait for Newegg or Mwave when you can purchase the PX-716A at Best Buy for $139 and send in the cupon for a $30 rebate. That makes you final purchase price $110.

Yeah, that’s true…LOL. They’re probably the only ones who know about this stuff anyway…now I know who I’m competing with when all the Fuji Taiyo Yuden are sold out…or other deals normal consumers wouldn’t know about… :smiley:

you live in Hawaii quit bitching… :stuck_out_tongue:

have they fixed thier firmware yet on this model?

Does anyone know if the 716 fixed the 712’s issues with backing up securom and safedisc protections using VariRec and BW? I am considering purchasing one if so. Or should I just hold off and get the Plextor Premium CD-RW drive?

TIA

jamos wrote:

you live in Hawaii quit bitching… :stuck_out_tongue:

:frowning: shipping costs to hawaii are outrageous it’s the price we pay to live in paradise. :stuck_out_tongue: so yuh i can bitch all i want :wink: :slight_smile:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER430 WATT
ANTEC SLK2650 CASE
CANOPUS ADVC-100 ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR ATA -133 PCI CONTROLLER CARD

if you don’t want to pay the “outrageous” shipping cost… swim!!! :bigsmile:

Pineville BestBuy is the store I go to also. I went there today and got around $43 back. I would have bought more 16X Verbatim DVD+R’s but I got the last one the night before when I was there :bigsmile:

It is pretty amazing 3 of us on this worldwide forum live a few minutes apart.

I see names of some of the 8X media that will burn at higher speeds but right now Best Buy doesn’t have any good deals on any 8X media. Might as well wait on Verbatim 16X’s since the price is about the same.

I wonder if the BestBuy employees get discounts? I’ve got a 3 month break between jobs, I may put in for seasonal work there.

Oh, in case you guys here in Charlotte don’t know it, RoadRunner has a “premium” service now with 6.0Mbit/512Kbit. That’s around 750K/sec download and 60K upload. I can download a movie in less than half the time it takes to watch it.

AirBear

AirBear, where did you get the info abt RR having a premium service. I currently use RR and it has been great. A little troubles here & there but no biggie. Btw, how much extra will the service be per month coz I’m paying around $45 now for broadband. Having extra bandwidth is definetly a plus :D, but will more than likely come at a hefty price. :frowning: Edit: I found the price for “Premium Service” – $70/month (which is an additional $35) since I have Digital Cable as well. That’s just a little too much $$$ for me to spend on Internet!!!

Sorry to go off topic for a little while everyone…

About working at BestBuy, I believe the employees get products “at cost” which I don’t exactly know what that means. I definetly know they pay quite a bit less than consumer do, but how much I’m not exactly sure.

Thanks for the info. RR really hasn’t advertised the new service very heavily, perhaps it’s not ready in all areas yet. My modem drops offline every few days, I just got home and found the ready light blinking so I had to reset the power. That didn’t happen with the old modem and service.

And to get this back on topic, those of you who bought 716’s at stores other than BestBuy should check and see if they’ll match the price. I think I saw some post by people who bought at Fry’s. We don’t have those stores in Charlotte, but BestBuy probably has the same price all over this part of the country.

AirBear

I work at a BB in Chicago and yes we get discounts on DVDs, and its probably the only good thing about working there. A $49 pack of verbatim costs me less than $30, a $40
pack of memorex costs me $25. No, i’m not bragging even though the discount is good the managers where i work are Satans ass crust, so i guess it balances out; good dvd prices A-hole managers

they will be 99 in a week probley lol eff that wait for the blu ray or a dam faster drive like 24x or 32x or what ever they might as well make all drives and all formats 52x as soon as they come out lol or faster they have the technology that one panasonic or pioneer i cant remember set top dvd recorder that will be commin out is going to have a 64x dvdr. at least thats what i hear. come one people rise with me we need one drive that does all formats at top speed for a good price hopefully the blu ray will do this. lol :wink:

almost there… $109 now @bestbuy (139 - 30 rebate)

/ot
btw, how is your internet speed thingy?? imo, keep sp2!
does your comp spec really like that or you just made it up lol no offense… super charge nitros lol never heard about it except in 2fast2furious or need for speed… if exist i’m way behind
/ot