For those who bought the 716a at bestbuy
Go to Bestbuy website
find the 716a
click the $30.00 rebate words
print it
and grab some cash back!

Thanks for the tip, cstring! :slight_smile:

Your welcome, actually if it werent for this forum and waiting an hour for the
bestbuy worker who dug out the drives, I wouldnt have gotten one.
This forum ROCKS!
The manager even asked me how I knew about these, lol

On a side note, be sure you have a working drive before cutting that upc label off the box people, returns on non-working drives without the upc could be a problem!

Thanks! the rebate is good until Dec 31 (but you must send within 30 days of purchase)

Does it means bestbuy won’t reduce the price to $149? Anyway, with $30 MIR, plus pricematch, this is not too bad at all!!

Welcome! :slight_smile:

I doubt bestbuy will reduce the price.
I was just browsing through the bb site and came across the rebate.
BB may issue rebate reciepts, at the time I bought, the employees didnt even know they had 716a’s lol, so I guess they didnt know about the rebate.

Rebate link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1091099798424&skuId=6801641&productCategoryId=cat01041&type=product

The dates listed are 10/24/2004 to 12/31/2004. If the drive was bought on the 23rd will this be elligable? I will return the drive and repurchase if need be.

Yes you’re right!! I didnt pay attention to the “offer date”.
So 23rd it’s not going to be eligible, me too, bought on the 21st. Definitely will return this first!!

I just talked to the rebate center and was advised that the drive must be obtained on October 24 or later. She also said if you purchased the drive prior to October 24 and later exchanged it the date of the exchange would qualify for the rebate as long as it occured from October 24 to December 31.

CRAP! I got mine the 23rd and rebate was just mailed out!
Oh well, hope you guys enjoy your $149 drives.

One day EARLY , thats stupid especially for a product that wasnt supposed to
be released for another month.

You can still do a price match.

“You can still do a price match.”

Whats that?

Eh thanks anyway rjih.
I’ll just be happy that I got a good working unit.
My luck goes something like this
I find a rolex watch, return it to the owner, they have me arrested for stealing
lol its my lot in life and I’ve come to accept it.

I’ll just go burn some more disks and tell myself $179 is a good price :slight_smile:
I’m really am happy with this, that should be a testiment to the 716A.

If you find the PX-716A at another local retailer, no later than 30 days of your purchase, Best Buy will rebate you the difference in price plus 10% of the difference.

Thanks rjih.
I should’ve read the rebate more closely
and made the post a little bit clearer.
Good thing you guys here did lol

I dont mind the $30 its the waste of a postage stamp and envelope that really erks me lol

Take care!

Just went to bestbuy to get a new drive (the old one was returned earlier today). It rang 179.99 still, but got a $30.00 rebate form/rebate reciept so no need for the online rebate download.

About price match, I also ask one of a senior empl., I ask whether ads/reciept from Fry’s going to be OK, she said No it’s not, has to be local… OK, how about CompUSA or CircuitCity in a close by city which are an hour away… No, by local mean it has to be 20 miles range… (!!!)

You must live in a very small city. From the Best Buy where I purchased my drive you can see a Circuit City and a CompUSA. Fry’s is about a 20 minute drive.

Yes. small, quite and beautiful :bigsmile:

I know someone who works there. I wonder if they get a normal receipt with their employee discount so I can use the rebate form. Hmm…

Try NewEgg. I got my Plextor for about $40 cheaper than any other website and they were only one of two sites that listed the rebate. They seem to be the cheapest on the web and I was very satisfied with the shipping and the service.

Try NewEgg. I got my Plextor for about $40 cheaper than any other website and they were only one of two sites that listed the rebate. They seem to be the cheapest on the web and I was very satisfied with the shipping and the service.

Ummmmm…Newegg.com doesn’t have the Plextor 716A drive listed on their website just yet! :wink:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE
ANTEC TRUE POWER430 WATT