Best Writer for clonecd

vbimport

I have a Plextor 8x20 SCSI. I am looking to get a new writer but would like to get one which has the ability of writing safedisk 2 like my Plextor. It must be SCSI and must have the ability to re-write cds coz i am fed up of using cdrs all the time to test things when i could use a single cdrw to do the job! I have looked at the clonecd web site, but I have seen posts about drives which can do sd2 that aren;t listed. Oh, one more thing, cost is not an issue.

Any ideas

Hi,

Keep your 8/20, you will regret selling it! I sold my 8/20 before i knew it could do Safedisc 2, but i was lucky to get hold of one again. Ofcourse i kept my knew burner which is an Yamaha 2100s. There is no other SCSI burner than the 8/20 that will do Safedisc 2 and iam not sure there will ever be. The 8/20 is so far the best burner ever made so keep it, nurse it, put it to bed every night, it`s simply the BEST…

Greetz

Merlin is right! But if u want something that burns everything, u must take a look at Acer last product.

Am I missing something here??

lol

The newest creative drive is safdisk 2 compatible I believe

Originally posted by djewst
[B]Am I missing something here??

lol

The newest creative drive is safdisk 2 compatible I believe [/B]

Am I missing something? Where in this post did someone say it wasn’t compatible? LOL :wink:

Ps. According to the CloneCD Hardware Requirements it’s not compatible… I had one report though it was, but I doubt it…

djewst,

With all respect but you are really missing something here. When Imao2k started this post he asked for another SCSI writer that can do Safedisc 2 and Creative has never created a SCSI writer which i heard of…

Greetz

It is really important to be SCSI. So as it seems there is other writer around capible of meeting my requirments. I will keep my 8x20 and wait till Plextor release a 24 speed writer and but that and have 2!

Cheers for your inputs

Plextor Rulezzz!!! That are the best Burners

Originally posted by Fer2000
Plextor Rulezzz!!! That are the best Burners

No they’re not :stuck_out_tongue:
The 8x20 SCSI is the best SCSI writer, but although the IDE types are great, they are not superb…

With out a doubt Plextor Rulez… I have had many writers, Phillips, HP, Plasmon, Yamaha, Rioch. None have provided as much quality as Plextor. Shame about SD2 though.

Cheers

Well, where should i start. Plextor has allways been THE Greatest drive. But these days might be over. I have heard from several Retailers that Plextor is soon to stop producing drives.

I would say, that until further notice, Acer is the best drive to choose.

Any body try the Sanyo burners??