Best write speed for DVD DL?

vbimport

I need reliable result with DVD+R DL.

What is the best speed for write a DVD+R DL ?

I will use Verbatim DL

Thanks

What discs are you using exactly? Usually 8x certified media give good results at 8x and 4x, but some production batches give good results only at 2x.

The only way is to make tests and see results :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Antigen;2611077]I need reliable result with DVD+R DL.

I will use Verbatim DL

Thanks[/QUOTE]Well, which Verbatim DVD+R DL are you using? MKM 001 (2.4x) or MKM 003 (8x)? And, which burner are you using?

I’m not sure there is a general guide. For example, in my experience MKM 001 burns best at 4x in my Optiarc AD-7260S and all my other burners. 2.4x actually gives drastically inferior results to 4x in all the drives. On the other hand, MKM 003 burns best in my Optiarc AD-7260S & NEC ND-3540A at 4x. However, MKM 003 burns best in my Samsung SH-S203B at 8x.

Without knowing the burner we cannot give good advice…

I use:

• SAMSUNG SH-S222L

• Verbatim MKM 003

Better speed?

Do you know where the discs were made?

My own Sammy 223F (the SATA sibling to the 222x) burns Made in India Verbatim MKM 003 best at 6x.

Singapore

[QUOTE=Antigen;2611077]I need reliable result with DVD+R DL.

I will use Verbatim DL

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I will toss in my .02 here I usually burned my dvd at 2-2.4x speed even if I could burn at half the rated media speed and from a batch of 100 I think I got like 5-10 that would fail to burn or the burner would toss out for bad burns automatically. I would think it also factors in your computer specs as well beyond the media and burner specs the computer also play crucial factor as well as when you burn your system becomes CPU and Memory and HDD intensive to do its work so if you try to multitask your bound to cause some kinda burning problem or create coaster in the process of doing something and not letting the computer finish its burn process before you tie the computer up to do another task. So if you plan to burn don’t multitask on the computer so that if problem occur you know where to look and what not to do next time to get a good burn. I used Memorex, Sony, Fuji, Verbatim, Windata and so far Windata has been a cheap but reliable burning media for me so far. But like anything the types of media you can buy is what is available in your local area or region and what is found in another will not mean it will be in that area as well.

Forgot to mention I do customize my desktop and laptop after install to get the best response and feedback and removing any unwanted program and stopping auto updates to improve my computing experiences.

I haven’t found a burner yet that does a good job with Verbatim DVD+R DL at 2.4x. I wouldn’t burn them at 2.4x.

FWIW, I found MKM 003 (Singapore) to burn best in my Samsung SH-S203B at 8x. 4x and 6x were pretty close though. I’m not sure if the 222L will be similar or not though.