Best Way to record from TV

What is the best way to record from TV? Is it best to record with a DVD Recorder to DVD, or if possible to archive on computer and burn?

I currently have a bit of a problem with my DVD Recorder. When I switch Video lines to get to where I can use my DVD recorder, the picture on the TV gets worse, anyway to fix this?

Also do DVR’s and Tivo’s record with the same quality as watching it live?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1923946]What is the best way to record from TV? Is it best to record with a DVD Recorder to DVD, or if possible to archive on computer and burn?[/QUOTE]
IMO, it’s best to record to a hard drive, then do any
editing, then burn to DVD.

I currently have a bit of a problem with my DVD Recorder. When I switch Video lines to get to where I can use my DVD recorder, the picture on the TV gets worse, anyway to fix this?

Double check your connections and check for bad cables.

Also do DVR’s and Tivo’s record with the same quality as watching it live?

Yes, depending on the quality setting chosen in options.

I will have to check connections, because when I switch TV/Video to Video 1 for my DVD Recorder, the picture definitely decreases a bit. It should not do this right?

My DVR is the DirecTV HR20, is there away to set certain shows to record in highest quality or do they all record the same with available space?

I have Cable Box to replayTV 5000 to Panasonic DMR ES-15 to TV set; setup works great for me.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1924318]I will have to check connections, because when I switch TV/Video to Video 1 for my DVD Recorder, the picture definitely decreases a bit. It should not do this right?[/QUOTE]
Right. Check whatever they call the video out options
on your machine as well as the connections & cables.

My DVR is the DirecTV HR20, is there away to set certain shows to record in highest quality or do they all record the same with available space?

I don’t know that recorder, but you could RTFM. :slight_smile:

You should only be monitoring your DVD recorder via component video connects. If you’re using composite video or SVHS or coax, that explains the lower image quality.