Best Way To Identify Taiyo Yuden Media?

vbimport

Hi ALL,

A post rescently by terminalvelocd has made me wonder more and more about how many manufacturer’s use other ATIP’s than thier own. Therefore, this post is for anyone who knows, to list any specific special things about third-party media manufactured by TY, like FujiFilm’s 48x CDR, etc.

Here’s what I have noticed. Please add anything I have not.

1. The Inside Ring is not completely see-thru, more “frosty” as terminalvelocd put it.

2. The Serial Number is imprinted in the disc, where it is completely clear. I.E. not in black ink, and the serial number is written straight accross the disc. and not wrapped around the inner hole.

3. The color of the dye is Greenish-Blue.

Any added information would be great. Thanks.

SuperG

Originally posted by SuperG

1. The Inside Ring is not completely see-thru, more “frosty” as terminalvelocd put it.

2. The Serial Number is imprinted in the disc, where it is completely clear. I.E. not in black ink, and the serial number is written straight accross the disc. and not wrapped around the inner hole.

3. The color of the dye is Greenish-Blue.

All this has been known for ages and covered many times here.

Originally posted by BoSkin
All this has been known for ages and covered many times here.

Oh Sorry, didn’t know that. Well is that all there was, or is there something I missed about how-to identify them. Thanks.

You forgot Made In Japan.

… and the distinctive cake box spindles only Taiyo Yuden uses …

TerminalVeloCD

Oh Sorry, didn’t know that.
Well, I understand it, but you had to guess that we weren’t born yesterday. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by terminalvelocd
[B]… and the distinctive cake box spindles only Taiyo Yuden uses …

TerminalVeloCD [/B]

What do you mean by that?
Distinctive in what way?

I’m sure this has been discussed in great detail before, but anywayz:

OLD PACKAGING (50-packs only)

Look out for:-
(1) Black or beige spin off nut securing the top cover.
(2) Sides of the cake box are at an angle to vertical, and end at a pronounced “bump” about 1.5-2cm from the base.
(3) Square hole at the bottom of the base.
(4) Translucent easily openable plastic wrapping around the whole cakebox.

Here’s a picture:-
http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_f69d0bb190d587a9093034b014a6aed8/i-1.JPG

NEW PACKAGING (50 and 100-packs)

Look out for:-
(1) Sides are still at an angle to vertical, but less so than with the old packaging, and end at an even more pronounced “bump” than the original packaing, this time, at about 3cm from the base.
(2) Square hole at the bottom of the base.
(3) Corrugated edge around the base. I have seen black and blue bases.
(4) Translucent, easily openable plastic wrapping around the whole cakebox.

Here’s a picture:-
http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/davekiser/100_0943.JPG

Hope that helps!

TerminalVeloCD

Makes me hungry…

NOVA:makes me hungry
:wink: /gs

Originally posted by gene_simmons
NOVA:makes me hungry
:wink: /gs
@gs,

this probably makes you still hungrier :bigsmile: :

quote:

1. The Serial Number is imprinted in the disc, where it is completely clear. I.E. not in black ink, and the serial number is written straight accross the disc. and not wrapped around the inner hole.

From April production, TY has changed the serial printing format, since they got a new spec laser printer to do the job. The new serial number now looks smaller & it wrapped around the center hole more like engraved on than printed on!