Best Way To Create CD (wav) Without Track Breaks?

vbimport

I want to create a DTS-SACD from my Dark Side Of The Moon CD. Is there a way to have each track crossfade into the other like the original CD?

Rip it as one stream, then it must work.

And stereo > DTS? For what?

I’ve heard some DVDAs and SACD-DTS that sound fantastic.
Not DTS simulation but actual 5.1 surround discs. A whole new world of music.

Which program will rip CDs as one track?

I used nero to rip my dark side of the moon disc with no breaks, works great :slight_smile:

Ah, sounds good.

Was it a normal stereo CD (CDDA) or a DTS CD?

I think it was a normal audio cd, however im not sure. I have disks that are about 4 years old, as after our burner broke down we didnt get another one. Now i have about 25 left (out of 100) but they are cheapo pc[U]|line[/U] ones.

Ok, then surely not DTS.

They appear rarely on the planet…

I didn’t see any way to rip the album as one wav file using Nero. Could you tell me the settings you used?

Ripping the entire album in one chunk will cause you to loose the actual track identifications completely.

If you’re doing a DTS conversion - or simply want to burn the individual tracks back to disc without the gap, set your pre-track gap to 0 seconds. By default, when burning an audio disc, the software encodes a 2 second gap between the input files (WAV, MP3 or whatever your source is). A good program will allow you to set the gap for each track.

I don’t know about Nero 7 or 8 but 6 wouldn’t allow you to set the gap to zero.
Well, you could set it but it would ignore it and use a 2-second gap.

[quote=Parato Optimal;2057062]I don’t know about Nero 7 or 8 but 6 wouldn’t allow you to set the gap to zero.
Well, you could set it but it would ignore it and use a 2-second gap.[/quote]Works for me (Nero 6). Gap size of zero is properly processed (apart from the first track IIRC).

[QUOTE=mciahel;2057140]Works for me (Nero 6). Gap size of zero is properly processed (apart from the first track IIRC).[/QUOTE]

Funny my 6 Ultra wouldn’t do it. I haven’t tried in ages. Back when I was attempting gapless, there were forums full of people trying every prog they could find to do it. They had no luck with 6 either. You could change it to gapless but it didn’t actually do gapless when you played it back. That’s what I found in W2K.

BTW, there is always the choice to use INDEXES on CDDA. :wink: