Best Way to Clean a DVD Burner***

Hi,

I was wondering what was the best way to clean a dvd burner or dvd rom drive. Can you use Cleaning disks, Compressesed Air,etc.

I have a Dvd Rom/CD-+RW burner and a Dvd Burner. They need to be
cleaned, but I need some advice first because I don’t want to accidently
ruin the drives.

Any Advice?
Thanks…

[QUOTE=ofield;1958970]Hi,

I was wondering what was the best way to clean a dvd burner or dvd rom drive. Can you use Cleaning disks, Compressesed Air,etc.

I have a Dvd Rom/CD-+RW burner and a Dvd Burner. They need to be
cleaned, but I need some advice first because I don’t want to accidently
ruin the drives.

Any Advice?
Thanks…[/QUOTE]Best thing to do is leave them alone until it’s your last resort. You can spray some canned air in them now and then if you want to.

[quote=rolling56;1958974]Best thing to do is leave them alone until it’s your last resort. You can spray some canned air in them now and then if you want to.[/quote]I thoroughtly agree with this. It’s not recommended until you start having disc recognition errors, errors in writing/reading, etc. :wink:

When the time comes [which hopefully won’t happen for a long time!], you can use a cloth/Qtip/etc that won’t shed any fibers, lightly moistened [not drenched!] in isopropyl alcohol, to clean off the laser lens, and drive it off with the dry part of that cloth/Qtip/etc.

If you decide to blow compressed air [a good option if you are in a dusty environment], be sure to not spray the air stream directly on the optics of the drive. This might cause more problems than it solves. :flower: