Best video settings

vbimport

I convert my videos to playback on my iPod. I also watch my iPod on my tv. I have the latest version of dvd fab. Could someone please send me a screenshot of the best setting in dvd fab for me to do this. I find that when i play videos from my iPod on my tv the picture seems kind of jumpy.
Thanks

[QUOTE=petworks97;2175237]I convert my videos to playback on my iPod. I also watch my iPod on my tv. I have the latest version of dvd fab. Could someone please send me a screenshot of the best setting in dvd fab for me to do this. I find that when i play videos from my iPod on my tv the picture seems kind of jumpy.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Here is my dimension settings:

Try 192 kbps (default)

Don’t transfer adult material to an iPod it wont work…:wink:

[quote=Macrovision3500;2175296]Here is my dimension settings:

Try 192 kbps (default)

Don’t transfer adult material to an iPod it wont work…;)[/quote]The user asked about DVDFab. The screen you provided is not DVDFab and would not look very good on a TV, since you have chosen an output size even smaller than the iPod native screen. Please read: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/

@petworks
Settings to feed an ipod and a TV will shortchange both. The files will be larger than they need to be for an iPod and still not optimum for TV. Generally, choose a larger screen size and the highest video bitrate that the iTunes policeman will allow.

[QUOTE=signals;2175381]The user asked about DVDFab. The screen you provided is not DVDFab and would not look very good on a TV, since you have chosen an output size even smaller than the iPod native screen. Please read: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/

@petworks
Settings to feed an ipod and a TV will shortchange both. The files will be larger than they need to be for an iPod and still not optimum for TV. Generally, choose a larger screen size and the highest video bitrate that the iTunes policeman will allow.[/QUOTE]
I uploaded the wrong screen shot…:o I would try 320x240
or 640x480.

:slight_smile:

Kind regards.

[quote=signals;2175381]The user asked about DVDFab. The screen you provided is not DVDFab and would not look very good on a TV, since you have chosen an output size even smaller than the iPod native screen. Please read: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/

@petworks
Settings to feed an ipod and a TV will shortchange both. The files will be larger than they need to be for an iPod and still not optimum for TV. Generally, choose a larger screen size and the highest video bitrate that the iTunes policeman will allow.[/quote]

What is the highest bitrate that itunes will allow? I am using the largest resolution that will work on the ipod. also i am using 29fps, should i set that to 30fps. thanks

[quote=petworks97;2175554]What is the highest bitrate that itunes will allow? I am using the largest resolution that will work on the ipod. also i am using 29fps, should i set that to 30fps. thanks[/quote]I don’t have an iPod, but I think the max bitrate depends on which iPod vesion,generation and also the file type. Try 2500 Mb/s, I think most of them will accept that. The framerate at 29.x is OK, but also try 23.976. Use one of the iPod profiles that makes h264+aac .MP4 files. There are lots of iPod users on the forum, one of them will come along and hopefully give you their ideas for a good compromise setting for device+TV settings. With the settings you are using the files will be much larger than what you would get with settings made just for the mobile device, but that may be OK if you have plenty of free space on your iPod.

[QUOTE=petworks97;2175554]What is the highest bitrate that itunes will allow? I am using the largest resolution that will work on the ipod. also i am using 29fps, should i set that to 30fps. thanks[/QUOTE]

It depends on what profile you’re using to convert and what your Ipod can play, not iTunes.

With MPEG-4, the max bitrate is about 2500 kps. The Ipod will support up to about 230,400 pixels with MPEG-4 format

With h264, the max bitrate is about 768 kps and 76,800 pixels, respectively.

H264 format will require much more from your cpu and will take longer to convert.

OT…sorry

Hey pard, mornin’…didn’t see you there.
I was chatting with my daughter while trying to post.
Never a good idea when you’re an old fart…:stuck_out_tongue:

OT again
Mornin! Ask our future MD what I can do for my aching joints, I mean, other than a time machine.

what ipod version do you have?

also click on my sig and scroll down to the 6th post. there is a guide i wrote for this exactly. i know its with the ps3 setting but it seems to be the best for everything and there are minimal problems.

i have converted over 3000 files and all work well and look quite good on a tv also.

[quote=petworks97;2175237]I convert my videos to playback on my iPod. I also watch my iPod on my tv. I have the latest version of dvd fab. Could someone please send me a screenshot of the best setting in dvd fab for me to do this. I find that when i play videos from my iPod on my tv the picture seems kind of jumpy.
Thanks[/quote]

[quote=Kingpn69;2176016]what ipod version do you have?

also click on my sig and scroll down to the 6th post. there is a guide i wrote for this exactly. i know its with the ps3 setting but it seems to be the best for everything and there are minimal problems.

i have converted over 3000 files and all work well and look quite good on a tv also.[/quote]
Kingpon69, thanks for your help. Two questions. One. what does increasing the bit rate to 1500 do? I have it set to around 1200. My program defaulted to this. Second, what is the harm if having the frame rate set to 29.97 rather than 23.976. Would either of these settings cause the picture to shake? The odd thing is that it seems to happen mostly during an action seen. BTW i have a 6th gen 80gig video ipod. I am getting apple tv and want to view these movies on my tv with the apple tv. I know that the settings are not the same for apple tv as the ipod but i want to play the videos on both the ipod and apple tv. I assume i have to use the settiing for the ipod.

bit rate is for better viewing. the higher it is, the better it looks on a tv, but the file size gets bigger also.

23.976 has been set up by the techs of this program to stop alot of jittery or audio issues. dvdfab auto detects the fps and you are to only use a different setting if you have problems with a conversion. (it doesnt happen too often)

as for apple tv, im not sure, but the settings i use work in the new ipods so i cant see why it wouldnt work.