Best Video Editing Software?

vbimport

Hey guys, I'm in the market for some video editing software. My pc came with MGI Videowave 3 as a crappy bundle thing, and it was ok. Now I actually want to buy something good. Basically, It's a tossup between Pinnacle systems studio 7 and MGI Videowave 5. I've heard bad things and good things about both of them. Apparantly Videowave 5 has horrible audio and video sync on export to tape and Studio 7 Lacks the transition and special effects features available in Videowave 5 and it can't put mpeg files from a harddrive into movies, only capture from tape.. I kind of had my heart set on Videowave 5 until I heard about the audio and video sync problem. Any feedback would be appreciated and feel free to reccommend other software, but try to keep the focus on the 2 products I've mentioned. Thanks a lot guys.

P.S. - Pinnacle Systems studio 8 is supposed to be coming out soon, So Maybe I can wait and see how that looks.

Adobe Premiere 6.5 is the best software editing video/audio.

Enjoy it.

Yeah, I was expecting that. I can’t afford the 1000 bucks canadian It’ll cost me to buy that, so please discuss more affordable alternatives. Thanks.

I use sonic foundry video factory and pinnacle 7 both are real good and do whats expected

Originally posted by kamikazee
I use sonic foundry video factory and pinnacle 7 both are real good and do whats expected

Vegas is good, been using it alot, and you try out Ulead Studio.

Adobe Premiere 6.0
Adobe After Effects 5.5

Ulead VideoStudio 6

SF Vegas Video 3

I did not know there is adobe premiere 6.5 …is this a new version

Originally posted by nealh
I did not know there is adobe premiere 6.5 …is this a new version

Yep, checking the adobe site shows this is the latest version (don’t know exactly how new it is):
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/main.html

wonder if it is a sigificant improvement from 6.0