Best Verbatim CD-R?

vbimport

The digital vinyl sucks. So I emailed them about it. They said to RMA it. The thing is, the discs aren’t faulty; they’re designed with poor quality, and it’s pointless if they ship me something that’s already poorly designed that won’t work anyways.

Instead of getting a replacement, I was going to ask them if they can replace it with something that works on many CD players.

So what Verbatim CD-R is best for recording music, and one that will work on many players?

Hmmm…there isn’t really one that’s still in production. You’d have to get old Verbatim (>10 years ago if made by MKM itself, maybe 5 or 6 years? old to get Taiyo Yuden-made Verbatim) to get a more compatible Verbatim. I doubt they will be able to get that to you.

Essentially, the vinyl media is the same stuff that’s put out under the rest of the brand, I believe. Maybe a few of their specialty discs might work? The DataLifePlus are the highest quality, supposedly, and you could also try to ask for samples of the archival grade to see if those performed any better.

Even though Verbatim can’t get you any, Taiyo Yuden-made discs are typically the last resort for people having compatibility problems, knowing good and well that even the highest-quality burns on TY sometimes just don’t work with a number of mediocre CD players that work okay with pressed media.

Are these the Taiyo Yuden you’re talking about?? JCDR-ZZ-SK

[QUOTE=brncao;2691314]Are these the Taiyo Yuden you’re talking about?? JCDR-ZZ-SK[/QUOTE]

That would be the TY people know and generally love, yep. :slight_smile:

Well good news. I was able to return the verbatim digital vinyl cd-r to Microcenter and got a full refund. I wish Microcenter stocked TY / JVC cd-r.

Many online stores will not allow returns once open :frowning: I’d be taking a big risk if I buy them online knowing full well they can’t be returned should they not work.

There’s so many different TY/JVC models. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what these different models mean?

I have a Samsung TSSTcorp SH-S223L if that means something.

[QUOTE=brncao;2691445]
There’s so many different TY/JVC models. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what these different models mean?

I have a Samsung TSSTcorp SH-S223L if that means something.[/QUOTE]
What they mean? Hmm…
You’re talking about the codes like JCDR-SPY-SB or CDR80WPP600SK, right? If so, they correspond to the differences in the descriptions.

You might get silver shiny, you might get silver matte, you might get printable (different types of printable media). That’s all for the top surface.

You might get value, you might get professional. That’s regarding the quality of the media.

You might get shrink-wrapped, you might get a traditional spindle with a hard plastic re-closable shell, you might get jewel cases.

You might get 100 discs, you might get…countless discs.

I’d go for professional. Top surface doesn’t matter too much, since you don’t have any kind of printing needs. Shrink-wrapped media tends to get banged around in transit, so go for stuff in the normal spindle (or jewel cases, if that’s an option). And hopefully you can find batches of media in smaller quantities than 100. You might not get smaller than 50 pieces, though. :frowning:

Thanks Albert.