• Vizio
  • TCL
  • Sceptre
  • Sharp
  • Hisense
  • Leeco
  • Insignia

0 voters

What is the best brand to buy UHD/4K TV, also please write why? I compiled this list with brands from Amazon and some local sites. We now have a Samsung fullHD TV and happy about it, but in my feeling LG is now more top notch with OLED, or not?

I bought a Hisense after reading about how well they actually look and all the features they include for a very good low price.
No, they aren’t perfect but they had a 4 year warranty and support for about 80 percent of the HDR standards and have quite a few advanced tweaks in the user menu to make it look like you want. It also has excellent black levels as long as your centered on the screen and FALD with about 12 zones that actually seems to work better then it should. If I didn’t care about price I’d have a LG OLED set.

the LG OLED 2016 series with 3D is simply stunning. in my family the 3D versions of movies are ofen preferred to watching the 4K version of movies as the resolution of the set makes passive 3D on OLED just beautiful

i have really only one complaint about the set. the motion enhancement is terrible. turn it off completely. it introduces way too many artifacts into the image.

otherwise get them while you can if a fan of home 3D since the 2017 models removed it.

i also have the curved set which i thought was a gimmick until i went into a store and was able to move furniture around and set up a proper viewing distance. took the kids and they loved it. it adds an ever so slight depth and immersive quality to the view but does not hamper or distort at very wide viewing angles.

i do play a lot of video games on the set. ps4 pro and pc. never had any image retention or burn in problems that could happen with oled. ymmv.