Best strategy to copy dvd to harddisk?

-I planning to copy all my SD-DVD to harddrives and then play theme by
a mediaplayer. Today I use Tvix 7000.

My Q: are, copy the dvd as a singel iso-file ( by Imgburn) or DVDFab:s several .IFO and .VOB files.

What choice give best quality in picture and sound?

Can DVDFab rip and convert a dvd to ISO-file?

Thanks for your help and advise!

/Lennart

DVDFab can make ISOs or VIDEO_TS folders. I would use the folders, there is no difference in picture and sound (the ISOs are images of the contents of the folders). Make sure your player can deal with ISOs before you start if you decide to go that route.

Thanks signals for replay and tips! Q: Why do you prefer VIDEO_TS folders?

And what settings get ISO-file from DVDFab? I use DVDFab 5 and the latest version.

/Lennart

Can DVDFab Platinum rip and convert a dvd to ISO-file? I have look after settings but not find or understand theme?

I think that the answer is related also to your player. If it is able to read ISO files, then there is no difference at all in creating an ISO file or a bunch or VOB-IFO-BUP files.

If your player is not able to read ISO files, then you must rip the discs as single files.

As already pointed by signals, there is no difference in quality among the two formats. They are only two different ways to save the same files on hard disk :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2202133]I think that the answer is related also to your player. If it is able to read ISO files, then there is no difference at all in creating an ISO file or a bunch or VOB-IFO-BUP files.

If your player is not able to read ISO files, then you must rip the discs as single files.

As already pointed by signals, there is no difference in quality among the two formats. They are only two different ways to save the same files on hard disk :)[/QUOTE]Video Format :.wmv, .avi, .mpg, .vob, .mp4, .asf, .tp, .trp , .IFO, .ISO, .m2t,.m2ts ,.mov(H.264)
Looks loke you can do pretty much any of the above mentioned.

If you want you could use the mobile option and rip to an AVI file, this will save space if you have a large collection.

Sorry LJN, I didn’t see your question about how to make ISOs with DVDFab. From any DVD to DVD mode, find the Target line and look on the right hand side, where you will see a little icon that looks like a piece of paper with a DVD disc in fron of it. Just click on that and a dialog box will come up.

Great Signals! -Now I understand how to do, thanks:)

/LJN

Hope it works for you. You can find answers to many questions in the tutorial–just click on the red “Official Guide…” link just below.