Best StandAlone for DVD DL's?

I have a Panasonic RP-62 Stand alone player and I just purchased a Double Layer DVD burnner for my Computer. The double layers’ that I am burnning don’t play properly with my stand alone Panasonic. So I am going to have to buy a newer Stand Alone player that is compatible with Double Layer Media…

What is the best stand alone DVD player to play burnt DVD-R DL’s or DVD+R DL’s ?

What equipment and method are you using to burn your +R DL discs? It may have a bearing on why your DVD player won’t handle the discs.

I have a brand new Plextor PX-716A, I have used both Ri-Data and Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. I have used Nero to do the burnning. The Verbatim disc’s seem to function alot better than the Ri-Data discs but both skip through out the entire movie.

Thanks for helping me out imkidd57
-BassKozz

Here are some reviews of your standalone:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=Panasonic+RP-62+&Submit=Search&Search=Search&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25

That gives some answers to your problem.

Best DVD+R DL Player? Very good question. At least my experience is that Pioneer DV-575A plays DLs.

are you bitsetting the +R burns to -ROM? check Plextools to do this.

Yes I am bitsetting.

use DVD Decrypter to burn DL discs. it handles the layer break better than NERO.

Apologies for not getting back earlier. Meanwhile you have pretty much been given by the other guys what I was going to suggest. Copy your discs and burn in ISO mode of DVD Decrypter, with the DL set to finalise as DVD-ROM.

All the Ritek D01s I have burned have been no problem, even in aging players. Recorders are a different matter though.