Best Sony Dru-800a frimware?

I just got a free sony dru-800a dvd burner yeterday. I have read that it is the exact same drive as a Lite-on SOHW 1693S. I have seen many firmware upgrades for both drives. Currently Sony offers the KY05 firmware as being the latest. And Lite-on is KS0A (according to their website) even though I have seen KS0B firmware for this drive. I am wondering which will be the best firmware for my new drive, the Sony Firmware KY05 or the Lite-On Firmware KS0B?? I have also seen, http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html, firmware listed as KC4B - patched - improved +/- burn quality (for 1673S, 1693S, Sony 800A, etc.). Is this firmware better than all of the others? and will it mess up my drive to flash directly with this firmware release??? I quess it will not because it is already patched firmware I just want to make sure. I have already downloaded the lastest version of OmniPatcher, xFlash Utility, & EEProm Utility for making backups of my current EEprom settings and firmware.

I really don’t have to many problems with media as I always use Taiyo Yuden T03 Media. I just want my burner to burn to this media with the best quailty possible.

Thanks,
Jtrade