Best software?

I want to compress dvd9 to dvd5 movies without titles/menus.
Most likely dvd shrink will be a part of it so it will fit. Recommended software to use with dvd shrink to completely remove the menus and extras? I’ve played with dvd decrypter because it just does one title but I get errors when I try to take that output and open it with shrink.

Take a look at the My favorite method in my signature.
Fast and easy.

look here for a guide on how to backup only the main movie with dvdshrink.

As a newbie this topic is pretty interesting to me, but all the guides and comparisons seems to be for (significantly) older versions. There have been huge increases in quality with the most recent versions of many of the software packages. Has anyone done a more recent comparison?

what comparisons are you referring to? are you posting in the correct thread?

As a newbie this topic is pretty interesting to me, but all the guides and comparisons seems to be for (significantly) older versions. There have been huge increases in quality with the most recent versions of many of the software packages. Has anyone done a more recent comparison?

what comparisons are you referring to? are you posting in the correct thread?

Well lets see it a transcoding forum so lets take a quess he’s saying there’s Recode 2, CloneDVD2, latest Shrink, IC all newer versions since the last extensive study (“the good, bad, and the Ugly”)…ao I assume that’s what he’s talking about.

That would be a YES :iagree:

I’d love to see a more recent head-to-head especially between IC8 and Shrink 3.1.6 (and/or 3.1.7).

Originally posted by spicedog

I want to compress dvd9 to dvd5 movies without titles/menus.

CloneDVD > the first button ‘Copy DVD titles’ :

Best DVD Backup

The DVD Backup Software Poll

All time favorite DVD Backup Software