Best Software to Rip TV Episode

Greets,

I am wondering if anyone out there has had a good experience with a particular piece of software to rip a single episode off of a TV DVD.

From my limited experience, I have seen that some software doesn’t identify the episodes at all (just lists the tracks), and some produce unfortunately small file sizes.

I am TRYING to dump a single episode into the highest quality I can find, for editing.

Thanks!

DVDShrink

elby CloneDVD, allows you to select the episodes and lets you keep the menus for episode selection.

I have done it many times with my " Seinfeld Boxed Set " I put my favorite episodes on my IPOD with CloneDVDMobile after I have ripped them to my HD.:clap:

The previous suggestions may have been a little off. The OP wants to edit the video in its original quality from what I can tell, not transcode it. If this is the case, then DVD Decrypter in IFO mode allows you to rip the video, audio, and subtitles directly from a particular episode without any loss in quality. You can then edit the resulting files.

Exactly. CloneDVD does this wonderfully while keeping all the menus.

As far as I can tell, the OP doesn’t want to end up with a DVD. He wants the video (and presumably audio) from a specific episode for video editing.