Best software to make mp3 files

Hi,
If I want to make mp3 from my cds, is EAC best to use, or is there other software that works equally well? Thanks,
Ronn

For me EAC is the best. Others like Feurio though.

Try both out and see which one you like the best.

Riptrax is nice as well. It isn’t that detailled as EAC is, but for most people, it’ll do the job just fine.

If you’re still wondering what tool to get, be sure to check this one out…

Originally posted by Ronn

is EAC best to use, or is there other software that works equally well?

best software AND mp3

:wink:

I have been try to use EAC, but even though I have compression set to 192, I end up with VBRS. Do you know what I am doing incorrectly?

Under the compression options (I think) there is a screen which allows you to pick your MP3 encoding program. If you are using Lame then it will be set to User Defined. Under that there will be a box for switchs. This tells the Lame encoder how to compress your track. One of those switches is the one that says use vbr not cbr.

Unfortunatly I don’t know which one it is. Going though help or probably to the website should tell you which switch to change.

//Edit
Is there a readme file in the EAC directory on this. I think there might be.
//Edit

Originally posted by Womble

Is there a readme file in the EAC directory on this. I think there might be.
No, AFAIK, there have never been such file available there.

Compression Questions

Cheers BoSkin.

I though I had read somthing in the folder. Maybe I was thinking of the Lame Encoder folder.

I know I have read something relating to this that was installed when I setup EAC with Lame.

Womble,
You were right. The information was in the lame website. I needed to enter lame in 2 places to work properly. I had only done it in one earlier. Now it is working correctly and I can specify the bit rate. Thanks for the help.
Ronn