Best software for my streaming task?

vbimport

I am looking for the best freeware (if there is such) to capture streaming video from my real player, I have Real Player SP usually I can just hold the cursor over the video and a drop down window will appear to give me the option of downloading, not this time. StreamTransport wont do it either, I downloaded Jaksta and found out I need to pay to use it. Can anyone help me?

Are the streaming videos you are trying to capture “YouTube” or similar videos ?

I don’t have any Real Player software on my computer. I did have a quick look at
Real Player SP & it looks like it might be a good software . The site liked its’ converter anyway.
If it is YouTube I usually just use IE by itself to get a copy of the video.
There is a pretty good YouTube downloader though:
http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/
If it’s another type streaming video post a link to it & I will try to see if I can capture it.

What’s the web address of the video you can’t download? Is this the only one that you have a problem with? Which browser and OS are you using?

Hi Whappo
Looks like we were posting at the same time & almost the same questions.

Good morning cholla :iagree:

[QUOTE=cholla;2544131]Are the streaming videos you are trying to capture “YouTube” or similar videos ?
I don’t have any Real Player software on my computer. I did have a quick look at
Real Player SP & it looks like it might be a good software . The site liked its’ converter anyway.
If it is YouTube I usually just use IE by itself to get a copy of the video.
There is a pretty good YouTube downloader though:
http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/
If it’s another type streaming video post a link to it & I will try to see if I can capture it.[/QUOTE]
[B]Its a website that rents movies[/B], I purchased the rental it is coming across my real player or whatever my default player is. I tried both Real Player and Windows Media player. Right now I do not have any capturing software other then what’s built in the Real Player and Jaksta which I have not purchased, so essentially I have no software at this time for capturing.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2544132]What’s the web address of the video you can’t download? Is this the only one that you have a problem with? Which browser and OS are you using?[/QUOTE]
Can’t get the address the site that I rented it from while the movie is playing its encrypted or something is an adult website, not sure I should post here. I have not tried any other videos with StreamTransport and I have removed it since.
I have IE8 and the latest Firefox 3.6.9.

O.K. There’s probably some legal issue with downloading/saving a rented movie (like Netfilx instant streaming) so I’ll let a mod decide if this thread should continue or not.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2544162]O.K. There’s probably some legal issue with downloading/saving a rented movie (like Netfilx instant streaming) so I’ll let a mod decide if this thread should continue or not.[/QUOTE]
If you have an answer can you PM me?

Streaming videos to watch is one thing but capture or trying capture is illegal as far as I know so no help can be given here OR by PM.

[B] SJ [/B] :cop:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2544164]Streaming videos to watch is one thing but capture or trying capture is illegal as far as I know so not sure help can be given here.

[B]SJ [/B]:cop:[/QUOTE]
Ok, well you are a moderator right? Can somebody of authority give me a yes or a no? I am not a lawyer but I mean i paid to rent this stream!

[QUOTE=Chala;2544166]Ok, well you are a moderator right? Can somebody of authority give me a yes or a no? I am not a lawyer but I mean i paid to rent this stream![/QUOTE]

You will get an answer very soon, and renting and streaming is one thing but what you are trying to do is another.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2544169]You will get an answer very soon, and renting and streaming is one thing but what you are trying to do is another.[/QUOTE]
Ok StormJumper thanks for quick response!

@Chala

If you do not own the movie its illegal to copy it or make copies in the USA, If you are not in the USA and your country allows this , Google might be your best friend.:wink: I think Wappo hit the nail on the head in post 7.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2544183]@Chala

If you do not own the movie its illegal to copy it or make copies in the USA, If you are not in the USA and your country allows this , Google might be your best friend.:wink: I think Wappo hit the nail on the head in post 7.[/QUOTE]
Ok thank you Alan:-)

We support fair use rights of media that you own. Which means if you have purchased a disk, or a video download, we can help you make copies.

Rentals, either of physical disks, or downloads are another category altogether, and are not something you can base a fair use case upon. We do not discuss copying rentals in these forums.

To answer the question, your best bet would be mplayer and VLC with some hand holding…
Also, these servers aren’t in North America hence US laws does not apply here in fact .nl have pretty lax piracy laws but if you live in us or whatever you’re breaking the law just copying from another source than what you own. :slight_smile:
//Danne

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;2544229]To answer the question, your best bet would be mplayer and VLC with some hand holding…
Also, these servers aren’t in North America hence US laws does not apply here in fact .nl have pretty lax piracy laws but if you live in us or whatever you’re breaking the law just copying from another source than what you own. :slight_smile:
//Danne[/QUOTE]
Great job Dizzy thanks!

Since we seem to be drifting back to discussing copies of rented videos, I’m going to close this thread. Remember, local laws are not a direct consideration when we apply moderation to threads here. We have a set of rules for the forum, and all discussions that take place here must adhere to those rules, whether our rules conform to your local laws or not.

The rules of the forum are based on laws in the Netherlands and nothing in our forum rules violates Dutch law, but our rules are also not as lenient as the Dutch home copying provisions. Since this is an international forum in scope, we tend to follow the norms of copyright law seen in most Western nations, though we do support fair use rights rather emphatically.