Best sata burner

vbimport

Which of the following drives is the best? It will mostly be used to burn data dvds (single and dual layer). I will be using TY dvds and Verbatim dl-dvds. These are the ones available in store.

ASUS DRW-24B1ST
LG GH22NS50
Liteon iHAS224-06
Pioneer DVR-218LBK
Samsung SH-S223B or C
Sony AD-7240S-0B

Probably the Sony 7240, many of us have them and they mostly do a great job with almost any media. They just released a updated 7260 model as well but hard to say yet if it’s better, or just newer as it uses the same chipset.

Some folks really like LiteOn drives too and if you have the budget it’s probably best to get 2 different drives, that way if one drive doesn’t like a certain disk, the other one might. I’m sure others will jump in and there are reviews and users tests on here for most popular drives so you can decide which one is best for you if you poke around here.

Welcome FeiJai.
Especially as you mention DL media, the Pioneer.
If you are into DiscQuality scanning, you have to consider Lite-On.
The LG is a good “safe” bet.
As you only mention burning.
I’d go
1st Pioneer
2nd LG
3rd Optiarc (Sony/NEC)

Only consider Lite-On for the reason mentioned above.
Enjoy.

[QUOTE=soulsurvivor;2511248]Welcome FeiJai.
Especially as you mention DL media, the Pioneer.
If you are into DiscQuality scanning, you have to consider Lite-On.
The LG is a good “safe” bet.
As you only mention burning.
I’d go
1st Pioneer
2nd LG
3rd Optiarc (Sony/NEC)

Only consider Lite-On for the reason mentioned above.
Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome. I will be using more TY dvds than DL media. It will mostly be used to store my movies (.mkv) and a few important files and photos. I will be using the drive for burning/writing and reading. I won’t be using it for scanning so that is not an important feature.

With that in mind, would you still recommend the Pioneer DVR-218LBK over the Sony 7240s? Thanks again.