Best ripping speed?

Which maker offers the best ripping speed for DL ROMs? I’m looking for an S-ATA drive. What shall I buy,

Asus DRW-1814BLT,
LiteOn LH-20A1S,
Pioneer DVR-212,
Samsung SH-S203B,
Optiarc AD-7191S

?

Hi :slight_smile:
In native form the Samsung SH-S203B just edges the Lite-On LH-20A1S.
Not sure if any patched f/w for the others will help.

Unfortunately, Samsung SH-S203B is no match for LiteOn LH-20A*S when it comes to ripping Dual Layer DVD-Video discs.
Litey 12x+, link (at cdrinfo).
Sammy ~6.5x, link.
[I]Note,[/I] those speeds with stock firmware.

Can’t say anything about your other drives ageha, bacause I don’t have them. :wink:

What about Pioneer’s and Optiarc’s ripping speeds?
I think I ditch the Asus anyway.

They both are based on NEC chipset. Definitely, I would not count on it, when dealing with ripping.
Mediatek is the best chipset for ripping, including DL. Although LateOn and the latest models Samsung and Asus are with Mediatek chipset, I would prefer LiteOn. :iagree:
IMO

same question…

Ok, i have the same question also. I have been doing alot of ripping lately and i had a Pioneer dvr-106 with patched firmware that unlocked the limitations. it would not be uncommon for me to see 10+mbps rip speed at the end of a disc.

So my questions is: what is the best burner to get when it comes to reading and ripping only, i still use my dvr-111 for burning and im happy with it, but i want a good fast ripper for disc-disc stuff. Also i have no problems patching up firmware or doing whatever is needed. If anyone know of anything let me know, also if you know of anything i can get that has a way to unlock its ripping limitation, that would be the best solution as all i want it speed. and that 106 was just ridiculously awesome, but now that the 106 crapped out on me, i need a good replacement.

Thanks in advance!

I wasnt trying to thread jack, but it just looks like alot of us have the same question. I know none of you have tried every single burner out there and are 100% sure. But if you know of any burners that either with or without hacked firmware can rip at or near 10MB post it up!! of course even 7+ is really good. so if you know of anything that can hit even those numbers id be quite interested.
Thanks!

I rip with either my Optiarc or LiteOn, both fast enough for my needs.

But whereas the Litey will read a sausage if you put one in the tray, the Opty is a bit more fussy. :slight_smile:

good info thanks!

anyone else do TONS of ripping and have any suggestions?
my only suggestion is of course my old trusty unlocked pioneer dvr 106, nothing beat those rips speeds, but since you cant find them easily anymore, i need to know what else is out there thats worth it!
Thanks!

PX-760. DL-ROM 16x CAV.

thanks!
some quick research on the 760 sounds like its pretty sweet. anyone else have it that can vouch on rip speeds?

why does everyone hate this thread? plz someone post up what you got! i know a ton of peeps talk about awesoem rip speeds around the forum, i just want to toss some of them in one place! esp casue i foudn this place from a google link so im sure its popular enough…

tx

[QUOTE=ageha;1868491]What about Pioneer’s and Optiarc’s ripping speeds?
I think I ditch the Asus anyway.[/QUOTE]

The 212 with MCSE riplock removed is fast, IMHO.

A few years ago a lot of us here became very macho about our ripping speeds and many, many scans were posted boasting the fastest rip. BenQ, Liteon, and AOpen were all contenders for the lead with 12X-16X being the max speed, although I once maxed out at 18X (probably a fluke).

It now seems as though we have lost interest and that may be why there is little specific input. I would guess most of us have moved past the competition for speed and are now content with anything close to 10X.

I have found that my AOpen and Liteon ROM drives and my old BenQ 1655 are the fastest while my Pioneer 111s and the ASUS drives are the best when there are CRC errors.

[QUOTE=pinto2;1868453]Unfortunately, Samsung SH-S203B is no match for LiteOn LH-20A*S when it comes to ripping Dual Layer DVD-Video discs.
Litey 12x+, link (at cdrinfo).
Sammy ~6.5x, link.
[I]Note,[/I] those speeds with stock firmware.

Can’t say anything about your other drives ageha, bacause I don’t have them. ;)[/QUOTE]

Interesting.
I have just done a comparison of the Samsung SH-S203B & (N).
With one of the Lite-On LH-20A1S.
See attached.
Marginal victory to Samsung, with larger file it would be clearer.
Haven’t included the BenQ because it hasn’t got stock f/w. But does out perform both the Samsungs & Lite-On by around 50%.

203B

203N

20A1S

[quote=hwp;1924463]PX-760. DL-ROM 16x CAV.[/quote]For example this post
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/dare-fastest-dvd-dl-rip-speed-138839/index2.html#post1603539 :wink:

[I]Off topic.[/I][QUOTE=zebadee;1934476]Hi :slight_smile:
Interesting.
I have just done a comparison of the Samsung SH-S203B & (N).
With one of the Lite-On LH-20A1S…[/QUOTE]Hi. :smiley:

Unfortunately, Samsung SH-S203B is no match for LiteOn LH-20A*S when it comes to ripping Dual Layer [B]DVD-Video[/B] discs…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/sh-s203b-riplocked-229316/

pinto2 " Unfortunately, Samsung SH-S203B is no match for LiteOn LH-20A*S when it comes to ripping Dual Layer DVD-Video discs… "
See here…

Using 203B

Using 20A1S

Continued using Shrink:
203B

20A1S

Not a lot in it!