Best Ripping/Reading Drive

Hi,

I would like to know what is the absolute best drive for reading and ripping quality. Price is not an issue as I need the absolute best.

Thanks a lot:)

[QUOTE=xplayerrr;1921543]Hi,

I would like to know what is the absolute best drive for reading and ripping quality. Price is not an issue as I need the absolute best.

Thanks a lot:)[/QUOTE]CD’s or DVD’s or both?

What is your location? IDE or SATA?

i’d say both.

as for interface… i dont care, as long as its the best drive :smiley: I have both

This is a high YMMV question - one that you’ll probably get as many answers on as there are posters.

My pioneer 112 was able to rip the movie [I]Live and Let Die[/I] all the way through, whereas my BenQ DW1640 and Lite-On LH-20A1P both crashed at the layer break for that same disc.

Unfortunately, ripping speed of the 112 isn’t as high as many others.

ok, I also forgot to mention, ripping speed isnt an issue either

There is no absolute “best” ripper.

Most of people here is able to recover “difficult” discs only trying many times on many different drives.

Even if a drive shows some better reading capabilities, sometimes it’s not able to read a brand new disc whereas the same unreadable disc can be read flawlessly by another drive.

The only way to have “the better reader” is to have many different drives. I know that it can sound dumb, but too bad it’s the truth :frowning:

ok hmmm…

if theres no absolute best one, could you tell me some of the best ones ?

Thanks

[QUOTE=geno888;1921561]The only way to have “the better reader” is to have many different drives. I know that it can sound dumb, but too bad it’s the truth :([/QUOTE]:iagree: yeah or to have access to many drives.

otherwise, knowing what I want to do, what would you all recommend me ?

Thanks

[QUOTE=Some Random Guy;1921557]This is a high YMMV question - one that you’ll probably get as many answers on as there are posters.[/QUOTE]

Hehehe, I agree ;)…also a forum search would have pulled up quite a few hits as this is asked fairly often.

LiteOn, and recent Samsung drives for me. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1921574]:iagree: yeah or to have access to many drives.[/QUOTE]

A CDFreakers in this situation will be like a baby in a candy store :bigsmile:

@xplayerrr
Among the best readers there are liteon 20x drives, genuine Plextor drives, the Pioneer 111/112 (probably also other Pioneer models, but I’m not sure) and some old NEC drives (sorry I don’t remember the exact models, but these drives are anyway not more available or really difficult to find)

[QUOTE=xplayerrr;1921569]ok hmmm…

if theres no absolute best one, could you tell me some of the best ones ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]At this time we are in a migratory state as SATA drives are getting better. Technology is changing so fast we could tell you this drive or that drive and two weeks later a new drive get released and it’s the best drive.

Try out a few drives and see how it goes. Some older drives are better than newer drives but hard to find.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1921586]LiteOn, and recent Samsung drives for me. :)[/QUOTE]I’ll go with this but leaning more to SATA Samsung. I have the SH-S203B and i like it fine but i haven’t had any problem discs lately. I haven’t used it for CD-R’s either so…I use my CD-RW burners for CD-Rs.

Sorry to complicate you :doh: Have a read around here and let us know what you think. Your information to us is valuable too.