Best replacement for Nero?

vbimport

I’m using Nero Ultra 7 and it’s freezing up frequently (only prog on my system that does that) where the older version I had worked great.

I like the MP3 plugin that works with Nero Ultra 7, otherwise I would have stuck with the older version that the plugin doesn’t work with.

When I call Nero support, all they ever say is to re-install the prog which I’ve done and the problems remain.

So…what is the best replacement for Nero that not only burns CDs in WAV and MP3 format, but also has a WAV editor that can record like I can do in Nero.

I heard there was a good open source prog for all this but can’t find the link anymore. Any suggestions?

ImgBurn

NTI or Roxio maybe.

Minus the wave editor I would recommend cheetahDVDBurner.

What version of NERO 7 you have? They had lots of problems with early version, but from 7.5 it loked OK.
Only think I would try to get Nero unistall Tools for completely uninstall, registry and all, than reinstall new, it may help.
I think for sound, Nero is styll good. I used Roxio, but got rid of if for Nero.
Did you try to send Nero support your log file?

Ashampoo Burning Studio 7

love it

ImgBurn, hands down.

Nero Support are right - you must to reinstall application, but my advice is to perform cleanup(for nero registry keys) between uninstall and new install.
For audio I prefer “Swiss Army Knife Of Digital Audio” - Easy CD-DA Extractor
For data burning - Nero Burning ROM 8.
For image burning - MagicISO; PowerISO; CDRoller or of course Nero Burning ROM 8.

Try Express Burn from www.nch.com.au