Best reader for scratched , dodgy media

vbimport

Hi ,

As title says , I am searching for best DVD/RW drive , being able to read scratched or semi corrupted media ( cd or dvds) . Error correction so is a factor comes in play .

Thanks in advanced ;

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

One of the newer Samsung drives would be my choice, or a LiteOn.

However, what model drive depends on whether your motherboard supports SATA, IDE, or both. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1998408]Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

One of the newer Samsung drives would be my choice, or a LiteOn.

However, what model drive depends on whether your motherboard supports SATA, IDE, or both. ;)[/QUOTE]

First : Thanks for your kind welcome :slight_smile:

Second : I prefer IDE interface , cause my 2 sata ports are currently in use by HDDs . Though , if there is a sata drive that is more powerful than its IDE equivalent- reading scratched media - I will pay one HDD and get extra read power :smiley: .

Thanks in advanced ;

Hmmm, there are IDE Samsungs (202x, where x is a letter), but I’m not sure how good they are at reading compared to their SATA counterparts - perhaps someone else can add something here. :slight_smile:

Having said that, I also have a Samsung SH-S182D 18x drive (IDE), and that’s an excellent reader also.

What you could do, is try an IDE Samsung, then if that’s not suitable, return it to the store and try an SATA one. :wink:

What would be the better SATA reader for scratched DVDs: Liteon 20A3S or Samsung S203B? Or something else?