Best quality disc printing (close to originals)

Hi,

I’m currently using the Canon Pixma MG 6170. I have to say it does a pretty good job printing on discs. However, when i compare with the originals, I still see a pretty big gap in terms of quality.

Is there a better printer out there for discs? I’m looking for something used by the professionals who make the originals.

thanks,
Tao

Hi and Welcome!

I’m looking for something used by the professionals who make the originals.
Original discs are not inkjet printed. So you will always have inferior quality compared to factory made discs.
Same applies to other “home user” grade disc printer equipment.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2576344]Hi and Welcome!

Original discs are not inkjet printed. So you will always have inferior quality compared to factory made discs.
Same applies to other “home user” grade disc printer equipment.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hi Michael,

What I’m trying to find out is:

1. Ink printing for DVD/Blu-ray: Canon/Epson vs. Primera/TEAC

I’m currently using Canon Pixma MG6170. The quality of the disc print is okay but I’m looking for something better. If I purchase one of those printers made just for disc printing such as the BravoPro Xi by Primera, how much will quality improve? Understand that BravoPro is an auto printer that does 100 discs. Auto loading isn’t my main concern; my main concern is the quality of the picture.

1. Thermal printing vs Inkjet printing

If I compare the image quality of the thermal printers such as TEAC 550 vs. the quality of the inkjet printers such as BravoPro, how much improvement in quality do I get?
Is it worth the price tag of 5k USD for thermal printers where I can get BravoPro for 1.7k USD?

Appreciate anything that you can suggest.

Thanks!
Tao