Best Quality CD/DVD Writer - Vote Now!

vbimport

I am creating this poll to get an idea of the best quality CD/DVD writers available. I have found a list of different writers and because i am completely new to a lot of this optical technology i would like to get an idea of some of the most popular writers. Please feel free to discuss below also!

[B]LiteON MY first choice [/B]

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2496142]I am creating this poll to get an idea of the best quality CD/DVD writers available.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, it does not serve this purpose at all.

A brand name doesn’t say anything about the quality of a drive. Good drives and bad drives were sold under all brands.

Apart from that, your list contains several brands that went out of the ODD business, the only remaining real manufacturers are LG, Liteon, Samsung (TSST) and Optiarc (Sony).

If you want a drive that is good for your purpose, then check the reviews of recent drive models, and also check the forums. There is enough stuff to read in order to find out what meets your demands.

Michael

Agreed with what mciahel said. You just can’t generalize brands since most are affiliated with one another. Unless you come up with a list of CURRENT, AVAILABLE drives that you would consider, then this poll is meaningless.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2496162]Unfortunately, it does not serve this purpose at all.

A brand name doesn’t say anything about the quality of a drive. Good drives and bad drives were sold under all brands.

Apart from that, your list contains several brands that went out of the ODD business, the only remaining real manufacturers are LG, Liteon, Samsung (TSST) and Optiarc (Sony).

If you want a drive that is good for your purpose, then check the reviews of recent drive models, and also check the forums. There is enough stuff to read in order to find out what meets your demands.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your helpful response. I will take into account what you have said.