Best Player

Hi All,

My DVD is midrange NEC…but recently I was wanting to view what my pc’s detail is capable of…so I thought GAMING…try and view some trailers ect.
I got issues trying to run .MKV file, so began learning about other free multimedia players to view the trailer.

Anyhow after a google I found one it ran perfect but the second player download ran even better, it has a free and payware version, so Im trying the free version for a time.

What I want to know is …is there a market leader in multimedia players both free and payware? Secondly how about the Microsoft Widows Media player, I have version 11 installed, why could it not play the .MKV file? Lastly on P2P file sharing for the Vuze programe is there a recommended player for video?

All good advice welcome.

NECDVD:confused:

[QUOTE=NECDVD;2415458]Hi All,

My DVD is midrange NEC…but recently I was wanting to view what my pc’s detail is capable of…so I thought GAMING…try and view some trailers ect.
I got issues trying to run .MKV file, so began learning about other free multimedia players to view the trailer.

Anyhow after a google I found one it ran perfect but the second player download ran even better, it has a free and payware version, so Im trying the free version for a time.

What I want to know is …is there a market leader in multimedia players both free and payware? Secondly how about the Microsoft Widows Media player, I have version 11 installed, why could it not play the .MKV file? Lastly on P2P file sharing for the Vuze programe is there a recommended player for video?

All good advice welcome.

NECDVD:confused:[/QUOTE]

WMP 11 won’t play mkv files you need to download codec to play it properly on WMP. I use cole2k advance codec 7.7.0 and it works well for me but to watch other formats not native to WMP you will need codec. I know VLC but it doesn’t play mkv or other non native format well or display text well. As for p2p that’s getting close to the forum rules and best left for the MODs to respond to. If you want to watch DVD you either have a choice WinDVD or PowerDVD, I use WinDVD and it works well nothing bad plays and runs good but it’s paid just like PowerDVD.

I use VLC 1.0.1, because it works with any media format.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2415762]I use VLC 1.0.1, because it works with any media format.[/QUOTE]

True but I had problems it doesn’t display font or correctly put the fonts of mkv files text in the right places or overlaps them or pixels the mkv files. And WMP 11 display them better and can run with the best of them if you get the codec for them and it works better for mkv h264 viewing.