Best PC gaming magazine?

Hey,
I was wanting to subscribe to a PC gameing magazine and wanted your opinion on which is the best one. I haven’t got the time or access to all the magazines around so… No smart-ass comments please… just the name will do!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks

Originally posted by aaargh
No smart-ass comments please…

why can’t smarta$$ post here? :bigsmile:

… ok, i’m sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s.
i don’t answer you because i live i italy and i don’t know where U live, so i think that actually nobody could tell you anything…

OMG…geez man…Thats why I said I didnt have access to all the magazines…i would have subscribed over the net IF there were any literate ppl here.

pc powerplay!

plug for ya FP;)

none , there are plenty online reviews of games

this mag is good it comes with a DVD on the cover and usually has a free game on it. Last free game i got was unreal i already have it but another 4gb of files is pretty good

PC Gamer is nice. It gives nice reviews and scoops on upcoming games. It doesnt come with any dvd’s but it has a demo disk that usually has around half a dozen good demos on it. I would recommend it more but I havent gotten an issue from them in 4 months :a . Either they forgot I subscribe to their magazine or my #$%^ing neighbor stole the issues again :a

I think that Google serves me well :slight_smile:

The only PC magazine I subscribe to is Maximum PC. Nice mix of hardware and software, as I’m intrested in both. Though I pick up the occasional PC Gamer or Computer Gaming Monthly.

But boy do I miss good old PC Accelerator (PCXL). And I quote “Games, Girls, Gore”. Mmmmmmmmmmm always some great pics in there.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
But boy do I miss good old PC Accelerator (PCXL). And I quote “Games, Girls, Gore”. Mmmmmmmmmmm always some great pics in there.

It was allright, but it was then assimilated into PCGamer. One thing that I have noticed is the ever decreasing size of these issues. I dont know about other magazines, but when I first subscried to PCGamer their issues were sometimes 400 pages in length, 200 on average. Now you are lucky if you get over a 100. :a

Atomic, (an australian mag) best mag i have seen…no biased reviews, the guys are comedians and they always have good reviews on interesting things…IE new matrox card with 3 lcd monitors running unreal 2003, and neverwinter nights…

sweeeeet

no need for a gaming mag with all the online services dedicated to it. and maximumpc is the only computer magazine ill ever need :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]Atomic, (an australian mag) best mag i have seen…no biased reviews, the guys are comedians and they always have good reviews on interesting things…IE new matrox card with 3 lcd monitors running unreal 2003, and neverwinter nights…

sweeeeet [/B]

I second that. None was even close to this magnitude before. Atomic RULEZZZZZ!

Originally posted by BadReligionPR

That was the best magazine, for sure. But now I read, PCGamer, Maximum PC, Computer Gaming World, CPU Magazine and PC World. It pays to work at a grocery store. :smiley:

Originally posted by iamrocket
It pays to work at a grocery store. :smiley:

No it doesnt :wink:

PC Gamer all the way

great mag on games, extremely good reviews

it seems as if the games with the lowest scores are the best to read… pretty much any game with score less than 20% is funny!

I also subscribe to Maximum PC and usually read most of the game reviews online.

I used to read PC gamer, but havent a long time.