Best PATA drive for DL media

vbimport

Recommendations please ?? I want it just for writing…

I’ve found Pioneer drives tend to do a good job with DL, at least the ones I’ve owned. I’ve not kept up with the latest drive models from Pioneer though, so maybe someone will help you out with what the latest PATA model is…or even recommend something entirely different. :slight_smile:

Pioneer DVR 111, 112, 115, 116, 117 if you can get one…

Optiarc 7200A if you can find one

How do you read the Nero charts to determine if the burn was good?
I studied but do not know what we are looking at :eek:

[QUOTE=vikingship;2516544]How do you read the Nero charts to determine if the burn was good?
I studied but do not know what we are looking at :eek:[/QUOTE]

We have a sub-forum dedicated to disc testing software, you might like to have a browse around in there (especially the Sticky threads) - to explain the ins and outs of disc testing, the varios software used, and how to interpret the test results, can’t really be done thoroughly in one post. :slight_smile:

Disc Testing Methods and Software forum

Thanks ! Will snoop around,Got a Sammy 222l I want to test

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2516480]Optiarc 7200A if you can find one[/QUOTE]

Yes, my vote goes the same way. The :bow: Optiarc AD-7200 is one amazing DL burner
However like james said “IF you can find one”. It is by far my favorite drive, however I dont think I’ve seen any for sale for quite a while a now.

Samsung SH-S222L WORKS GREAT !! One question - Using Verbatum DL disks max write has only been 4x. Is there a way to increase the write speed without using the Media Code?