Best or recommended firmware for BenQ DW1650

vbimport

hi there all - got myself a new dw1650 with BCDC firmware. downloaded BCIC from official site and BCICRPC1 but not sure if i should use them, stick to mine or look for BCGB which many recommend on the forum (also i cant find where to download it from…)
is there anywhere a comparison table or something similar for the different firmwares?

[B]mmoalem:[/B]

Try some burns with BCDC & your normal media, if results look ok to you with your current testing procedure, then just use that firmware. Otherwise, you can experiment with any of the firmwares available for the 1650 (I use BCIC on mine as I do not usually require solid burn and results are good enough with my media choices).

What firmware works best with your particular drive will only become apparent with testing, as no firmware seems to have universal superior performance for all users.

:iagree: BCDC = peace of mind :cool:

no firmware seems to have universal superior performance for all users.
Correct, but I’d like to stress that BCDC is the only firmware with a correct OPC operation for CMC MAG E01. :wink: - and that BCHC has annoying bugs.

In terms of low-level quality, BCIC would have been a winner for me, but as it has broken OPC operation for E01s, until I have no more of these blanks I stick with BCDC, and frankly I can’t complaint, my two 1650 units are producing great burns everytime (except with RW media - for these my NECs are excellent).

hi just brought a benq dw1650 would like to know what firmware to flash can someone please help me.thank you

Personally I favour BCFC which is probably what you’ve got. I use this on both my 1650s.

Others will suggest BCIC and some still run with BCDC.

thanks for the advice

A recent thread is already open for 1650 firmware recommendations…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=212742

Shouldn’t these threads be merged?

Thanks Francksoy. Threads merged.

[OT]
Hey, [B]Zevia[/B], long time no see :flower:
[/OT]

hi all got my 1650 it came with firmware bcdc done 2 burns with it the first burn i wasnt to impressed pi error was in the 20s on average but went up to about 30 the jitter was about the same as this so was the pi failer this is the second burn is this ok.and should i leave the qsuit default.thanks

lol with taiyo media you always burn at 97% I have discs with 100% only the 8x blank taiyo dvd-r can do that :wink:

BCIC is the best firmware, with two caveats:

1. Do not use it to burn CMC MAG E01 or CMC MAG AE1. WOPC doesn’t operate as it previously did for these MIDs, and while people are still getting good burns, it’s safest to just burn AE1 and E01 in a 1640, where WOPC operation did not change.

2. You may have slowdowns in burning speed with less than stellar MCC 004 and MCC 03RG20. WOPC has also been made overly sensitive for these MIDs, and sometimes, if the disk is not in perfect condition, the speed will drop to 4x for the entire burn. This tends to happen most with MCC media, fake and real, that is made in China.

[QUOTE=negritude;2106256]BCIC is the best firmware, with two caveats:

1. Do not use it to burn CMC MAG E01 or CMC MAG AE1. WOPC doesn’t operate as it previously did for these MIDs, and while people are still getting good burns, it’s safest to just burn AE1 and E01 in a 1640, where WOPC operation did not change.

2. You may have slowdowns in burning speed with less than stellar MCC 004 and MCC 03RG20. WOPC has also been made overly sensitive for these MIDs, and sometimes, if the disk is not in perfect condition, the speed will drop to 4x for the entire burn. This tends to happen most with MCC media, fake and real, that is made in China.[/QUOTE]All of this is entirely correct according to my experience. :iagree:

Just adding that AE1 and E01 can also be burnt in the 1650 with excellent results, but not with BCIC. :wink:

[QUOTE=0472889151;2105514]I have discs with 100%[/QUOTE]I’d be curious to see that.
Because out of the thousands of scans posted on this board over the last years, only a single one has been posted with 0 PIF => 100% QC. :bigsmile: