Best music format for CD"s

Hi
What is the best file format to use for music CD’s using Nero? I have searched and be unable to find anything.
Thanks
MachineGun

I’m not sure what you’re meaning… are talking about MP3 vs. WAV? :confused:

That is what I mean.
Should I use WMA
, wav, mp3, mp4, etc.
Thanks
MachineGun

Depends on what you want to do with your audio CDs, the player you’re gonna use, and your expectations in terms of audio quality…

Best audio quality is achieved from regular PCM files, i.e. WAV (or AIFF for Mac) files. There are other PCM formats but you won’t meet them quite often.

Many people burn from MP3 files and don’t hear the difference when the bitrate is high (over 192kb/s). I do :bigsmile: (hear the difference)

If you only have MP3s, converting them to WAV files before burning won’t improve audio quality whatsoever.

It’s also possible with some CD players to play a data disc with MP3 files. Check the manual of your CD player.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

You need to clarify the question.

The way you write it, you mean to ask what format to use for music CD’s. This is nonsensical because the only format for “music CD’s” is CDDA.

If you mean what format should you use to “rip” music CD’s (copy them to your computer), then I suggest MP3 because it has decent sound quality and is compatible with many, MANY modern entertainment systems.

If converting from a compressed format to CD then lossless is best. APE or FLAC are good for that. They are still big though.

Hi,
I need your help…What is the format for cd player in our car bcause i think it’s not mp3…is it? What should I do so that I can play my favourite mp3 music in the car cd player? Should I convert the format? But how?

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=rai;2300485]
I need your help…What is the format for cd player in our car bcause i think it’s not mp3…is it? What should I do so that I can play my favourite mp3 music in the car cd player? Should I convert the format? But how?[/QUOTE]If your car stereo does not support mp3 (read the manual), then your only choice is regular audio CD. Most CD burning applications are able to create audio CDs from mp3 material.

Michael

If your car stero doesn’t playback mp3’s burned onto a CD (typically around 100-150tracks) then you wuld probably best served with a newer car stereo that will.

AD