Best MP3 Normalizer

What’s the best MP3 normalizer aside from MP3 Gain? Thanks!

Check out mp3Trim.
This tool can normalize mp3 files without any loss in quality.

It’s true.:wink:

Try Sound Stream or even MusicMatch JukeBox.

Try Mp3 Gain

What’s the best MP3 normalizer aside from MP3 Gain? Thanks!

Originally posted by fradao
Try Mp3 Gain

People should read better. :wink:

mp3 gain is allright but there has to be something better so im going to try this mp3 trim

Tried all the above and like best mp3DirectCut, a free product you can get at http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#mp3dc.

No fees and no decodeing and re-encoding.

Ashampoo MP3 Audio Center. Normalizes, puts original in recycle bin auto, just 1-click. Simple…

AdaptX (plugin for WinAMP) and a DirectX compressor such as the one included Sony ACID, performs it on the fly.
//Danne

You can never improve the quality of sound without the master copy. In this case the CD it was pressed onto by the music recording company.

Same goes for video. :slight_smile:

Doogie

OP: Why not MP3 Gain? I’ve been using it for years now, and like it fine. I use it to normalize whole CDs worth of MP3s to play on my car deck. I also use the normalizer in MP3 DirectCut or TotalRecorder or Audacity or CDex or whatever other tool I happen to be using at the time. ‘Normalizing’ is pretty straight forward as it’s simply adding a constant value to the samples that make up the file.

Is there a universal tool for all audio files and not just MP3?
I’ve been using Ashampoo Music Studio to normalize but I’m not sure whether it just normalizes or recodes the files.

Audacity works with a lot of formats, but has to re-encode most of them.

I´ve been going nuts trying to normalize WAV files made for pronunciation practice by various teachers at school…audio levels all over the place…horrendous results when burned to disc (from very quiet by one dude, to super loud by the next = scary for the student)
Just tracked down this very simple normalizer…ran a quick test…seems to do the trick very nicely…

Check it out http://members.home.nl/w.speek/wavegain.htm

[QUOTE=DoogieHowser;1678549]You can never improve the quality of sound without the master copy. In this case the CD it was pressed onto by the music recording company.

Same goes for video. :slight_smile:

Doogie[/QUOTE]
Actually, the Bedini CD Ultra Clarifier improves the quality of even new CDs. It isn’t permanent and it would seem like voodoo, but take my word (and many experts) for it, it does work.

Thanks for the laughs Emplehod…:bigsmile::bigsmile:
Now I won’t need to read the Sunday funnies…:clap:
I much prefer the green marker method…It’s sounds sooo much better after applying it on my fave CD’s…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2545500]Thanks for the laughs Emplehod…:bigsmile::bigsmile:
Now I won’t need to read the Sunday funnies…:clap:
I much prefer the green marker method…It’s sounds sooo much better after applying it on my fave CD’s…[/QUOTE]
You obviously have never heard it but I have because I own one. Maybe you should read some reviews:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue16/bedini.htm

http://www.bedini.com/reviews.htm

Just b/c you own one doesn’t make it a fact:rolleyes:…There have been many, many debunked so-called magic devices, and this one is right up there with the’best’ of the other snake-oil favorites…
But hey who am I to say, you can’t actually hear a difference…
And come on, you don’t really believe everything you read, do you?..
Now I’m off to the green-marker sale at wally world…Wouldn’t want any data falling off the edge of my discs…:wink:
G-day!..

It amazes me how many so-called “audiophiles” will spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on audio accessories like interconnects and high-grade speaker wire and claim to hear a difference. The Ultra Clarifier is at least a hundred times more noticeable than these, yet you will mock it without ever trying it yourself. The funny thing is, people will spend exorbitant amounts on wires from stereo shops and not realize that all that fine demo equipment in the stores is operating on the cheapest Radio Shack RCA cables and zip cord speaker wire. The only exceptions are where the customer might see the cable. And as far as debunking goes, nobody has debunked Bedini’s invention because they can’t. Bedini is an audio genius. He has produced surround sound systems from only two front speakers and even stereo sound from a SINGLE speaker and he did that like 20 years ago.