Best MP3/CD Player for Quality Sound

vbimport

What are the best MP3/CD Players out there?
I do not need video…Only Audio/Music.
I travel a lot and I’d like to have an MP3/CD Player that has EQ bands with Bass/Treble Boost as well as rechargeable battery.
Must have great quality sound with loud volume control…Loud enough to cover airplane sound when I am traveling.

I play music from my BlackBerry 8830 and the sound sounds horrible.
BB 8830 has a built-in Roxio Media manager that SUCKS all the way.

If anyone can advise on best options for an MP3/CD Player where I can use my over-the-ear Senheiser headphones (good ones) with EDualizer Bands and Bass Boost/Treble Boost and possibly a rechargeable battery, that would be great.

Thanks .

[QUOTE=dashelter;2084817]What are the best MP3/CD Players out there?
I do not need video…Only Audio/Music.
I travel a lot and I’d like to have an MP3/CD Player that has EQ bands with Bass/Treble Boost as well as rechargeable battery.
Must have great quality sound with loud volume control…Loud enough to cover airplane sound when I am traveling.

I play music from my BlackBerry 8830 and the sound sounds horrible.
BB 8830 has a built-in Roxio Media manager that SUCKS all the way.

If anyone can advise on best options for an MP3/CD Player where I can use my over-the-ear Senheiser headphones (good ones) with EDualizer Bands and Bass Boost/Treble Boost and possibly a rechargeable battery, that would be great.

Thanks .[/QUOTE]

I have the same Sennheiser phones for travel, which means you’re as freaky as sound quality as I am. I currently have the iPod 80gb but need more storage! I was going to get the iPod 120gb, but the online feedback I’ve seen says the sound is really inferior to the earlier generations due to poor DAC. So after several days of research, it looks like I’m going with the Zune (120gb) which reportedly has awesome qudio quality.

Some of the bast sounding mp3’s out there is Creative Labs. That should not be a surprise considering they make sound cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=8%2050001137%2040000023&Manufactory=1137&SubCategory=23&SpeTabStoreType=10

If by MP3/CD player I assume that you want a portable CD player which can play back MP3 files burnt onto CD in addition to regular audio CDs. If that’s the case, then I cannot help you there as the portable CD players have fallen to the very bottom of the digital audio player market. The major name brands which used to offer portable CD players now no longer offer any high-end models - they now offer only the very cheap models which may be very stripped down in features. And Panasonic, which used to make some of the better PCDPs, now no longer distributes portable audio players of any type in North America.

If you are looking for the best quality sound on an MP3 player the spec you need to look at closely is the, “Signal-To-Noise Ratio” (aka SNR). The higher the number the better and No, there is no ceiling. That combined with a high MP3 (or whatever format your prefer) bitrate and you have really clear sound.
The only problem is finding the SNR spec on an MP3 player. Some manufacturers do not advertise them.