Best Movie Copy Software? - Vote Now!

vbimport

I have created this poll to get an idea of the best software for copying movies. I have a rough idea that DVDFab, AnyDVD, and some other programs are highly regarded, but i just want to clear things up in this poll.

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2499797]I have created this poll to get an idea of the best software for copying movies. I have a rough idea that DVDFab, AnyDVD, and some other programs are highly regarded, but i just want to clear things up in this poll.[/QUOTE]

I have never used AnyDVD so can’t give any feedback on the program, however I do use DVDFab and have been using it for years(since version 2.9) and have never had much if any problems with it.

Course as you may already know no program/software works 100% of the time so it is always a good idea to have more then one program(Tool :bigsmile: ) in the old toolbox, which I tend to fall back on Magic DVD Ripper when DVDFab fails :smiley:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2499814]I have never used AnyDVD so can’t give any feedback on the program, however I do use DVDFab and have been using it for years(since version 2.9) and have never had much if any problems with it.

Course as you may already know no program/software works 100% of the time so it is always a good idea to have more then one program(Tool :bigsmile: ) in the old toolbox, which I tend to fall back on Magic DVD Ripper when DVDFab fails :D[/QUOTE]

I agree :smiley:

There is a problem with your poll. AnyDVD is a decryption/ripping program, and doesn’t fit neatly as a copy program since it has no inherent compression abilities. CloneDVD has no decryption/ripping capabilities, but can compress.

You are comparing apples and tangerines here.

Without knowing the strengths of each program your poll will give you little useful information, other than as a popularity contest. AnyDVD’s great strength is its ability to work in conjunction with other tools, especially free ones like the very robust ripper DVDDecrypter, or the good transcoder DVDShrink, not to mention the superb quality that can be achieved in compression using DVD Rebuilder or BD Rebuilder.

There are times where each of those tools might be appropriate to use. Knowing which one is part of the process of learning dvd copying programs.

It is kinda hard to check anything on your Poll, for me. I use ANY DVD along with DVD Shrink for movie only and Clone DVD2 or ImgBurn to burn with. Been using this since DVD Decrypter was more or less shut down. I tried DVD Fab at one time when they offered their decrypter for FREE after DVD Decrypter wouldn’t work any more, my hat is off to them for stepping in and giving a free program. I had a lot of trouble with Fab because I didn’t have Windows Media Player 10, or something like that. So I went ahead and bought the Any DVD and Clone DVD on a Christmas 20% off deal ($49 USD) at the time. (Boy am I glad I bought it then). Hey just my rambling thoughts.
George

Your polling is very erronous and doesn’t take into account Dvd-cloner is junk software that doesn’t do what it say it does. So if you plan on making a poll all the software has to do the same function not one does one thing and one doesn’t do the same function. I use 4 slysoft product and satisfied with those products. I choose to purchase slysoft and forgo dvdfab plat. It might’ve cost me more but then again I haven’t had any problem with slysoft combination working well together. It was the best money spent espically for 4 lifetime updates package.

I have to agree with coolcolors here, AnyDVD is not a Movie Copy Software program , it is a decryption tool that works with CloneDVD2 from Elby/Slysoft… Fab and Slysoft make the best programs if I had to choose, I would have a hard time. They both work great, as for the other program,its not even in the same league.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2499904]I have to agree with coolcolors here, AnyDVD is not a Movie Copy Software program , it is a decryption tool that works with CloneDVD2 from Elby/Slysoft… Fab and Slysoft make the best programs if I had to choose, I would have a hard time. They both work great, as for the other program,its not even in the same league.[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone. Helpful comments.

I am looking to create [B][U]EXACT[/U][/B] replicas of DVD movies, not interested in Blu-Ray. Which one of the following is best for this task?

1: DVDFab
2: AnyDVD in conjunction with CloneDVD 2
3: AnyDVD in conjunction with DVD Rebuilder

Price is not an issue. I want powerful, accurate, quality software for copying movies.

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2500081]I am looking to create [B][U]EXACT[/U][/B] replicas of DVD movies, not interested in Blu-Ray. Which one of the following is best for this task?

Price is not an issue. I want powerful, accurate, quality software for copying movies.[/QUOTE]

You will receive good opinions on all of the above programs, however you should try them yourself because programs/software do tend to work differently from system to system and the users needs.

So try them and go with what works best for your needs :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2500094]You will receive good opinions on all of the above programs, however you should try them yourself because programs/software do tend to work differently from system to system and the users needs.

So try them and go with what works best for your needs ;)[/QUOTE]

Ta

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2500081]I am looking to create [B][U]EXACT[/U][/B] replicas of DVD movies, not interested in Blu-Ray. Which one of the following is best for this task?

Price is not an issue. I want powerful, accurate, quality software for copying movies.[/QUOTE]

An exact copy is one without compression. All you need for that is DVDFab or the built in ripper within AnyDVD. Make sure to set DVDFab to use no compression. Burn the movie to your target disk using ImgBurn.

Most of the time these movies will not fit onto a single layer dvd. So you will need to burn to the more expensive double layer dvds, and the only brands we generally recommend for DL +R disks are Falcon or Verbatim.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2500110]An exact copy is one without compression. All you need for that is DVDFab or the built in ripper within AnyDVD. Make sure to set DVDFab to use no compression. Burn the movie to your target disk using ImgBurn.

Most of the time these movies will not fit onto a single layer dvd. So you will need to burn to the more expensive double layer dvds, and the only brands we generally recommend for DL +R disks are Falcon or Verbatim.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Kerry. Is there any particular reason for using ImgBurn? Could you use something like Nero Burning ROM or UltraISO?

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2500133]Thank you Kerry. Is there any particular reason for using ImgBurn? Could you use something like Nero Burning ROM or UltraISO?[/QUOTE]

You can use the Nero burning rom, however ImgBurn is the best burn engine… there is a guide called “Settings” below in my signature for setting up the two programs to work great together

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2500081][B]I am looking to create [U]EXACT[/U] replicas of DVD movies, not interested in Blu-Ray. Which one of the following is best for this task?[/B]

There is no such thing as an exact replica, once the copy protection has been removed and the files have been altered you will never have an exact replica.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2500138]There is no such thing as an exact replica, once the copy protection has been removed and the files have been altered you will never have an exact replica.[/QUOTE]

Yes, i understand that, but i am talking about getting a copy as close to an exact replica as possible.

^^Splitting an exceedingly fine hair Alan, but true. :slight_smile:

The [B]dvd-video[/B] can be copied exactly, but not the entire [B]disk[/B] with encryption intact.
And you probably don’t want the encryption or intentionally placed structural defects that are designed to prevent copying anyway.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2500146]^^Splitting an exceedingly fine hair Alan, but true. :slight_smile:

The [B]dvd-video[/B] can be copied exactly, but not the entire [B]disk[/B] with encryption intact.
And you probably don’t want the encryption or intentionally placed structural defects that are designed to prevent copying anyway.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, completely helpful reponse.

[QUOTE=Zonchord;2500144]Yes, i understand that, but i am talking about getting a copy as close to an exact replica as possible.[/QUOTE] then use dvdfab in the clone mode

It costs money, but I think if you want to be sure you can get a good working copy of a DVD, you need AnyDVD (to crack whatever protection it has) and CloneDVD2 to copy it to disc (size of your choice)
This is the most up-to-date and stable option