Best monitor at or under $150

Ok (in line with my other post today) I am going to purchace a monitor for my comptuer… my current one is getting pretty dark.

Anyways i recently bought a Viewsonic V70f SB (here )

I’m happy with this monitor, despite the lack of 1600x1200 resolution (yes i am aware its 17 inches), and was planning to just buy antoehr of them… when i thought to ask people what they recommended.

Anyways i know the $150 price cap limits my selection, but i know there are good monitors for that price or lower.

Do you have suggestions on a good montior to buy? I would prefer to buy from newegg, but will also buy at many other websites and any store (like best buy)…

If you have no suggestions, which monitor do YOU have (if under $150) and are you happy/ unhappy with it?

Thanks again for your time!

You may want to consider a Samtron monitor. These are just Samsung monitors (and those are very good) and come for an acceptable price. I have a 19" monitor (96P) and that one just costs €160 just now (I bought it two years ago so it was a little more expensive back then). It can do 1600x1200 @ 75Hz and it’s picture quality is fairly nice…

Last summer, I had the chance to compare my screen to an expensive Ilyama 19" monitor, and it was very clear that my “cheap” screen had a by far better picture quality (especially the sharpness in the corners of the screen was way better). I’m really happy with this screen and if my second screen (2 monitor setup) would die, I wouldn’t have to think about what my second screen would become…!

i only found a few samtron montors on pricewatch.com(pricewatch)

and they only have a max res of 1280…

so i searched for samsung at newegg, and came up with this one which comes to a grand total of $205 which is a bit too pricy for me… i think i will have to go 17" :frowning:

thx for the comment tho

I guess you are in the US, right?

I just found my screen at a German (online) retailer for just €157. I see this model isn’t available through pricewatch, so I wonder if it can be bought in the US at all… too bad! (I guess you don’t want to order in Germany, right?)

yeah im in the usa

i wouldnt mind ordering from germany if the shipping was free :slight_smile: but im guessing the shipping would be almost $50… waaay too much…

Originally posted by TheNate04
[B]yeah im in the usa

i wouldnt mind ordering from germany if the shipping was free :slight_smile: but im guessing the shipping would be almost $50… waaay too much… [/B]

I dunno (sometimes ordering overseas is cheaper than ordering in your very own country!), but here’s a useful link for you (German only, but I guess it’s not to hard to figure out what’s there)…