Best method for copying audio CD's

vbimport

If I want to save an exact copy of a pressed (non-protected) audio CD, what would be the most secure way to get a 1:1 copy?

• Use CloneCD - I've heard that since it uses burst mode, it could miss some errors, so it's not as good as if I...

• Use EAC in secure mode (to make sure it rips 1:1) to create a .wav and a .cue that are perfect and then burn the .cue with EAC to create a 1:1 copy of the audio CD or

• Use Nero to burn the .cue and .wav I got from EAC to a data CD, so there would be those extra bytes of error protection

It seems to me like the last method would be the best, but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

‘Truest’ 1:1 Copy: EAC
Easiest ‘Almost True’ 1:1 Copy: CloneCD
Most Futureproof (I’m sure I’ll catch hell for that :wink: ) : EAC for ripping the wav’s, Nero for burning them as a Data CD.

Seems to me Nero would make a “truer” copy using the .wav as data since medium or write errors could be helped out by the error protection… thanks for your help.
I’m not too big into CloneCD anymore anyway since my 21 days ran out. :frowning:

use EAC to rip and burn

EAC in secure mode. It’s slower, but it’s precise.

Originally posted by Farad
Seems to me Nero would make a “truer” copy using the .wav as data since medium or write errors could be helped out by the error protection… :frowning:

It would make a more resilent 1:1 copy of the Data, but the disc would not be a 1:1 copy.

Do I understand this correctly? You want an audio cd to be preserved for the future and you don’t mind that you cannot playback your preservation backup (in a normal audio cd-player)?

If this is the case: use EAC secure reading mode to get the wav-files. Write the wav-files in datamode with a program like Nero. Just like you described in your last option.