Best media scans with kprobe2

vbimport

ok this is the best scan ive seen so far with kprobe2 with any media. Really amazing since its ritek dvd+r media…best one ive seen for me anyways.

join in id be curious to see how good they can get.

this was a 8x burn on my benq dw822a drive on ritek r02 4x media…of course this is only 3/4 of a full dvd im sure id get some more errors if i burned it full.

:wink:

I see your 7.24 and raise you a 7.16!
4419MB data, Sonic RecordNowMax,pxEngine 507.
My PI count is 2X yours, yet the avg. PI is lower!

Ah, I see… my scanned range is 2X yours. How come?
Ignore the spikes, there was a small scratch on the disc surface there.

My best scan.

Backup of Fellowship of the Ring using DVD Shrink, bitset to DVD-ROM and burnt with Nero 6.3.1.6 at 4x on LiteOn 451@851 with firmware GSOC (thou im using GSOF now because I get smoother read scans in Nero DVD Speed on my combo drive)

Scan is very similar to when scanned in KProbe 1.1.29

I have Maximum Sampling Rate checked when scanning as this is said to give a more accurate reading and my PC , thou still serving me well is not the cutting edge of technology anymore (PIII 800)

I had a few ‘strange results’ when first using KProbe2 (compared to the scans in 1.1.29) but it seems to have settled down now and scans are much the same.

scan didn’t attach ???
I’ll try again.

Damn! :eek: That IS a nice scan!

Yeah, my drive seems to love these discs (TDK DVD+R - with RICOH mid code)
All scans come out much the same.

Originally posted by Bhairav
[B]I see your 7.24 and raise you a 7.16!
4419MB data, Sonic RecordNowMax,pxEngine 507.
My PI count is 2X yours, yet the avg. PI is lower!

Ah, I see… my scanned range is 2X yours. How come?
Ignore the spikes, there was a small scratch on the disc surface there. [/B]

very nice scans…:wink:

I need to burn one of mine at 4x instead of 8x and see how it improves.

let me point out to all who are new here that the error standard is 280 PI and 4 PO. anything equal or lower is above standards. almost all dvd players should play the dvds at or below those rates. so these are really way under standards.

other factors than errors that may cause playback problems are older dvd players not likeing dvd-r or dvd+r formats…use of bitsetting to dvd-rom sometimes can circumvent this. some older home players are pretty much worthless for playing burned dvds…at around 30$ for a new dvd home player it would be foolish not to upgrade if you have problems playing back low error dvds.

hence ends the lecture for the day…:cool:

Janos, how large was your burn? My burn’s end hex address is almost exactly 2 times yours.

Originally posted by Bhairav
Janos, how large was your burn? My burn’s end hex address is almost exactly 2 times yours.

probably my burn on that disk wasnt that long…bout 2.4gig i think…it was a last episode bout 1 hour or so.

not shure if its as good as yours

very nice…pos are a bit higher but you have excellent pis. Of course that media blows the one i showed away too!

I´m only posting this to show that there is NO best scan with KProbe2.
Attached 3,4GB disc burn with data. RNM4.5 (pxEngine507). Burned and scanned with same drive and code65536 spdhacked firmware HS0K. I have a 411@811(Z-modV4) drive.
Ooohh yes, 1-4X certified burned at 8X…

BTW, PI-sums are “adjusted”. PO´s are real… :wink: Beat those PO´s if you can.

Originally posted by pinto2
[B]I´m only posting this to show that there is NO best scan with KProbe2.
Attached 3,4GB disc burn with data. RNM4.5 (pxEngine507). Burned and scanned with same drive and code65536 spdhacked firmware HS0K. I have a 411@811(Z-modV4) drive.
Ooohh yes, 1-4X certified burned at 8X…

BTW, PI-sums are “adjusted”. PO´s are real… :wink: Beat those PO´s if you can. [/B]

thats a pretty nice scan…best ive seen but of course look at your media…hehe.:stuck_out_tongue:

plus your drive its quite modified 411@811(Z-modV4) drive. is that a 411 converted to a 811?

TDK DVD-RW, a 1x burn on a Toshiba SD-R 5002

Originally posted by Jamos
…plus your drive its quite modified 411@811(Z-modV4) drive. is that a 411 converted to a 811?

Yep. :wink:

www.speedlabs.org/forum

burned at 4x with nec 2500A using HP420i 1.27 fw…(herries 1.08)

4.38GB burn using Nero on NEC 2500a with Herrie’s 1.06b6 Firmware - Verbatim +R 4x burned at 6X

Originally posted by lark888
4.38GB burn using Nero on NEC 2500a with Herrie’s 1.06b6 Firmware - Verbatim +R 4x burned at 6X

very nice pis higher but 1 po wow!:eek: gotta love the 2500.

Originally posted by Jamos
thats a pretty nice scan…best ive seen but of course look at your media…hehe.:stuck_out_tongue:

OK, it´s not only about media… RICOHJPNR01 sold as SONY 1-4X (Made in Taiwan, really cheapo here) burned at 8X DVD-ROM, in same way as my Taiyo Yuden above (3,1GB data).

BTW, I see I have been beaten as lowest PO´s… heh he :wink:

Originally posted by pinto2
[B]OK, it´s not only about media… RICOHJPNR01 sold as SONY 1-4X (Made in Taiwan, really cheapo here) burned at 8X DVD-ROM, in same way as my Taiyo Yuden above (3,1GB data).

BTW, I see I have been beaten as lowest PO´s… heh he :wink: [/B]

pinto you need to upgrade your version of kprobe2…:wink: